Scholarship at University of Tulsa

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Phatslice

Scholarship at University of Tulsa

Postby Phatslice » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:28 am

I received a full scholarship at the University of Tulsa and was just wondering if there are any alumni or current students who know how the grading curve is there. I think I have to maintain a 3.0, but that means nothing.....especially with the horror stories I am reading on this site about how lower ranked schools tend to have terribly low curves. Thanks for your time.

kalvano

Re: Scholarship at University of Tulsa

Postby kalvano » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:31 am

imbored25

Postby imbored25 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:05 am

Phatslice wrote:I received a full scholarship at the University of Tulsa and was just wondering if there are any alumni or current students who know how the grading curve is there. I think I have to maintain a 3.0, but that means nothing.....especially with the horror stories I am reading on this site about how lower ranked schools tend to have terribly low curves. Thanks for your time.

are you from oklahoma?

mrwarre85

Postby mrwarre85 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:25 pm

I emailed the admissions office and they said 62% were able to keep the scholarships from last year. They thought this was a good thing. Obviously, its a terrible statistic.

I would get them to take off that requirment for sure. What if you get the flu right before finals week?

DamnLSAT

Postby DamnLSAT » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:00 pm

Im IN at Tulsa with 17K per year contingent upon top 1/3.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:31 pm

A school like that, you BETTER have no restrictions on that scholly.

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:37 am

Seriously, who would go to a school like that? You do realize that U of Tulsa is not even the best law school in Oklahoma? And OK is nobody's idea of a decent legal market. Unless you're going to specialize in tribal law, I don't see why anyone would attend here. Even if it's free, you're still wasting 3 years that you could spend working or, if you have an unmarketable major, getting a new one that will get you a job.

Boycott these TTT's and restore the health of the legal profession!

imbored25

Postby imbored25 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:09 pm

niederbomb wrote:Seriously, who would go to a school like that? You do realize that U of Tulsa is not even the best law school in Oklahoma? And OK is nobody's idea of a decent legal market. Unless you're going to specialize in tribal law, I don't see why anyone would attend here. Even if it's free, you're still wasting 3 years that you could spend working or, if you have an unmarketable major, getting a new one that will get you a job.

Boycott these TTT's and restore the health of the legal profession!

this is very true, OU is the only school worth attending in oklahoma, and even there struggling.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”