Should I apply to Chicago Kent? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Gatorbull84

Bronze

Should I apply to Chicago Kent?

Post by Gatorbull84 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:25 pm

I have already been accepted to Denver(20k/year), DePaul(18K/year), and American. I am still waiting on over 20 schools. I am seriously considering Chicago as where I want to practice and I want to practice IP law. I was stoked about DePaul but I have noticed that they are slipping in the rankings. I can only assume that this is because of their facilities. My undergrad GPA is a 3.0 in Biological Engineering, LSAT 161, and my MS GPA is a 3.6 in Molecular Medicine

Anyways, Chicago Kent has sent me a few emails, fee waiver, and they told me I may qualify for a total of 30 to 80K in scholarships over 3 years. One reason I don't want to apply is because it is getting late and I wanted to have a solid idea of where I will be going by jan 1. Do you guys think that its worth applying or should I just wait out the rest of my apps?

Thanks

Gatorbull84

Bronze

Re: Should I apply to Chicago Kent?

Post by Gatorbull84 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:30 pm

I also just got into Hofstra, not sure if I got money yet

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:18 pm

1. Everyone on here is gonna tell you to retake, but you already know that.

2. Assuming you absolutely dont wanna retake, If you want to practice in Chicago you need to apply to all three tier 2 schools there (DePaul, Kent and Loyola). Loyola/Kent are considered slightly better than DePaul, so if you like DePaul you should definitely apply to both Kent and LUC.

3. I hope you know what you're getting yourself into going to a T2 in an oversaturated market with three T1 schools to compete with.

Gatorbull84

Bronze

Post by Gatorbull84 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:18 pm

Ya, I figured everyone would say retake but Im good on that. Also, Im hoping that the IP market is still better than the law market in general

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”