Berkeley vs. Columbia* Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
kipp916

New

Re: Berkeley vs. Columbia*

Post by kipp916 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:20 pm

I highly doubt that applies to all attorneys in all markets, but he was sincere when he said proximity meant everything to him. Who knows anymore. We all pretend to be experts, but the truth is that we pay an extra 100,000 dollars for that three second moment when, as someone is reading your resume, they see a name of a school. How they respond is totally subjective and circumstantial. When schools are that closely ranked, it seems to me that we're going back and forth indefinitely because it's an unsolvable quandary.

From what I hear, lots of people say that the best advice they received is to go to the school and see how it feels. If you like your atmosphere, you'll thrive in it. Better grades, happier, and transitions in life are easier. Makes sense to me.

bilbobaggins

Silver

Post by bilbobaggins » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:05 am

kipp916 wrote:I highly doubt that applies to all attorneys in all markets, but he was sincere when he said proximity meant everything to him. Who knows anymore. We all pretend to be experts, but the truth is that we pay an extra 100,000 dollars for that three second moment when, as someone is reading your resume, they see a name of a school. How they respond is totally subjective and circumstantial. When schools are that closely ranked, it seems to me that we're going back and forth indefinitely because it's an unsolvable quandary.

From what I hear, lots of people say that the best advice they received is to go to the school and see how it feels. If you like your atmosphere, you'll thrive in it. Better grades, happier, and transitions in life are easier. Makes sense to me.
This.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:10 am

Veyron wrote:I've always fucking worked 80 hours a week and weekends. As a 1L I've clocked between 90 and 120 hours of class + studying pretty consistently for the past 2 months. You really fucking think that I'm going to complain about doing less work and getting paid 160k (if I'm that fortunate, G-d willing), you are out of your fucking mind.
Veyron wrote:I thought Chicago was a community college?
Fuck yeah Veyron, you are so fucking alpha bro

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”