BU vs. BC (The Annual Discussion) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
sundance95

Gold

Re: BU vs. BC (The Annual Discussion)

Post by sundance95 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:07 pm

icouldbuyu wrote:I visited both schools during this past summer, and it seemed like the BC adcomm people were much nicer than the BU people. The BU adcomm was very arrogant, and was talking down to me. Little did she know that her school was actually my safety. Other than that, I preferred BU because of its central location.
Or maybe she did know that BU was your safety?

username99

Bronze

Post by username99 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:12 pm

Maybe she knew that you could buy her and resented it.

icouldbuyu

Bronze

Post by icouldbuyu » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:17 pm

sundance95 wrote:
icouldbuyu wrote:I visited both schools during this past summer, and it seemed like the BC adcomm people were much nicer than the BU people. The BU adcomm was very arrogant, and was talking down to me. Little did she know that her school was actually my safety. Other than that, I preferred BU because of its central location.
I never told her my LSAT or GPA. IDK maybe it was just the end of the day, and she wanted to go home.

BCLS

Silver

Post by BCLS » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:32 pm

was her name laura gitchelson? She was a huge JERK to me. I chose BC because of her. (j/k with choosing BC for this reason-- but i hated her)

icouldbuyu

Bronze

Post by icouldbuyu » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:35 pm

BCLS wrote:was her name laura gitchelson? She was a huge JERK to me. I chose BC because of her. (j/k with choosing BC for this reason-- but i hated her)
I don't remember her name, but its a really bad idea for them to treat prospective students like that. I could understand if they were HYS, but its unacceptable for any other school. Even Columbia Adcomms were very helpful and courteous when I visited during the summer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

username99

Bronze

Post by username99 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:35 pm

BCLS wrote:was her name laura gitchelson? She was a huge JERK to me. I chose BC because of her. (j/k with choosing BC for this reason-- but i hated her)
First of all, if my name was Gitchelson I would go out of my way to not be a jerk, lest I earn an obvious nickname. Secondly, shouldn't BU be made aware that it may be losing students because of this person's antics?

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:36 pm

icouldbuyu wrote:
sundance95 wrote:
I never told her my LSAT or GPA. IDK maybe it was just the end of the day, and she wanted to go home.
I see. As long as you didn't give off an air of, 'This is a safety for me,' then she must be pretty terrible at her job.

To be fair, she does have to work in that beast of a building every day...

BCLS

Silver

Post by BCLS » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:37 pm

username99 wrote:
First of all, if my name was Gitchelson I would go out of my way to not be a jerk, lest I earn an obvious nickname. Secondly, shouldn't BU be made aware that it may be losing students because of this person's antics?
Are you guys familiar with her?

icouldbuyu

Bronze

Post by icouldbuyu » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:38 pm

sundance95 wrote:
icouldbuyu wrote:
sundance95 wrote:
I see. As long as you didn't give off an air of, 'This is a safety for me,' then she must be pretty terrible at her job.

To be fair, she does have to work in that beast of a building every day...
Ye, i deff didn't do that. Truthfully, if I wasn't actually interested in attending that school, then I wouldn't have even visited.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

username99

Bronze

Post by username99 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:39 pm

BCLS wrote:
username99 wrote:
Not at all

sullidop

Bronze

Post by sullidop » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:35 pm

username99 wrote:
BCLS wrote:
username99 wrote:
Not at all
It's funny you guys bring her up. I had a run in with Ms. Gitchelson during my cycle. After going into her office she demanded to know where I got in and how much scholarship was offered. She then noted that there was no guarantee of money at BU. I was like whoa, slow down...I just had a nice tour and chat with Prof. Miller, and I just wanted to talk to you about how the class is shaping up. On the upside, the lady at the front desk was really sweet.
Lol admissions time is really stressful, I know...I bet this is why BC doesn't take appointments to meet with admission ppl.

Kurt Cobain

Bronze

Post by Kurt Cobain » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:23 pm

I go to BU. Considered both for UG, picked BU cause BC is full of douche bags. So if you're a douche, go to BC. Otherwise you'll hate it.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:29 pm

username99 wrote:Maybe she knew that you could buy her and resented it.
haha!

On a serious note, sounds like I need to avoid this BU adcom lady friend...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BCLS

Silver

Post by BCLS » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:49 pm

Kurt Cobain wrote:I go to BU. Considered both for UG, picked BU cause BC is full of douche bags. So if you're a douche, go to BC. Otherwise you'll hate it.
Insightful. BC undergrad trumps BU anyway.

Blindmelon

Gold

Post by Blindmelon » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:34 pm

BCLS wrote:
Kurt Cobain wrote:I go to BU. Considered both for UG, picked BU cause BC is full of douche bags. So if you're a douche, go to BC. Otherwise you'll hate it.
True, but no one cares about UG.

BC UG is probably different than the law school. I concur though, BC UG is pretty preppy/white-washed. Bright yellow fleece, polos shirts + oakleys = BC. Annoying hipsters + scantily clothed women = BU.

DorianGray89

Bronze

Post by DorianGray89 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:18 pm

Which one has a better LGBT Community?

Blindmelon

Gold

Post by Blindmelon » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:14 pm

DorianGray89 wrote:Which one has a better LGBT Community?
Slam-dunk BU. Its not a Catholic school + openly gay professors + my LGBT friends chose BU over BC because they felt BU was more open/friendly about it. I don't mean to say that BC would be bad, but BU in this area would be better.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:22 pm

DorianGray89 wrote:Which one has a better LGBT Community?
BU, no question

Stringer Bell

Gold

Post by Stringer Bell » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:28 pm

BC is in the ACC and BU is in some conference most people have never heard of.

Kurt Cobain

Bronze

Post by Kurt Cobain » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:30 pm

Blindmelon wrote:
BCLS wrote:
True, but no one cares about UG.

BC UG is probably different than the law school. I concur though, BC UG is pretty preppy/white-washed. Bright yellow fleece, polos shirts + oakleys = BC. Annoying hipsters + scantily clothed women = BU.
Actually, the law school is right in the middle of BU, there is literally no separation (at least physically) from the UG buildings. Same with BC. I'm doubting the cultures of the law schools vary too much from those of the UGs.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:32 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:BC is in the ACC and BU is in some conference most people have never heard of.
No one at BU claims to give a crap about basketball. We're all about hockey here, when it comes to sports. BC and BU play in Hockey East, the best league in the country (yeah, schools like Minnesota, Michigan, etc, can bite me)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kams

New

Post by kams » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:34 pm

I visited this thread last week and was happy that the anti-BU/BC remarks hadn't started yet......yet found it so boring. This is more like it.

Kurt Cobain

Bronze

Post by Kurt Cobain » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:34 pm

BCLS wrote:
Hey, that's just my impression from 21 years of living in Boston, so I thought it could be helpful. And look at the international rankings, BU is top 100, BC is nowhere to be found.

And I respect BC's rep, I'm sure you'll do great coming from there. Just don't sue the school if you can't get a BigLaw job LOL :lol:

Kurt Cobain

Bronze

Post by Kurt Cobain » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:35 pm

kams wrote:I visited this thread last week and was happy that the anti-BU/BC remarks hadn't started yet......yet found it so boring. This is more like it.
BC SUCKS!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!! JP, I wish I could've gotten in there for LS, I guess that's what Suffolk is for.

Kurt Cobain

Bronze

Post by Kurt Cobain » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:38 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:BC is in the ACC and BU is in some conference most people have never heard of.
America East:

BU
UNH
UMaine
UMBC
SUNY-Binghamton
SUNY-Albany
U of Hartford
UVM
Stony Brook

I think that's it. But yeah, our only sport in a good conference is hockey.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”