Is NYU worth sticker?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
AreJay711

Re: Is NYU worth sticker?

Postby AreJay711 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:37 am

tgir wrote:I really hope that the fact that this sort of question is even asked is more indicative of TLS paranoia culture than of the actual legal market for NYUers.

I'm sure it is. If the economy is so slow that students at one of the top 6 law schools in the country cant get jobs we are fucked already so you might as well go.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:40 am

AreJay711 wrote:
tgir wrote:I really hope that the fact that this sort of question is even asked is more indicative of TLS paranoia culture than of the actual legal market for NYUers.

I'm sure it is. If the economy is so slow that students at one of the top 6 law schools in the country cant get jobs we are fucked already so you might as well go.

Well...I'm sure there are students at NYU who can't find jobs.

tgir

Postby tgir » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:45 am

AreJay711 wrote:

Haha, my thinking exactly.

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:00 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:

Yea but there are a few from Yale without jobs too but you have to play the averages. The world could end in 2012 then we would all feel dumb for spending our last days doing 1L finals lol

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:53 am

AreJay711 wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:

Yea but there are a few from Yale without jobs too but you have to play the averages. The world could end in 2012 then we would all feel dumb for spending our last days doing 1L finals lol

ehh, i'd wager the everyone who is truly willing would find a job. But of course, some won't because after they strike out at the good jobs will refuse to take doc review in kentucky.

bistduverrueckt

Postby bistduverrueckt » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:57 pm

Thanks everybody, this has actually made me feel a lot better about my situation although I think I managed to work it all out. Hopefully. *crosses fingers*

Also BruceWayne--I'm a she not a he :)

SageD

Postby SageD » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:29 pm

Getting into NYU is basically my dream right now, sticker or not.

XxSpyKEx

Postby XxSpyKEx » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:16 am

http://abovethelaw.com/2010/03/nyu-3l-t ... o-youtube/
(Cliffs: video documentary about NYU 3L and grads that can't find any paying legal job)

[Not arguing that NYU isn't worth sticker, but food for thought nonetheless.]

Dex

Postby Dex » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:05 am

XxSpyKEx wrote:http://abovethelaw.com/2010/03/nyu-3l-takes-unemployment-plight-to-youtube/
(Cliffs: video documentary about NYU 3L and grads that can't find any paying legal job)

[Not arguing that NYU isn't worth sticker, but food for thought nonetheless.]

Yeah but the 3L class started in 2008 - that year pretty much fucked everyone job prospect wise. While things aren't back to normal since then (they might never be) the situation seems to have improved a bit.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”