American going to law school in the UK

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
SavyLgirl

American going to law school in the UK

Postby SavyLgirl » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:28 pm

I would love to move to the UK. I already have a degree so am looking at possibly attending the college of law in the UK. Here is the web address --LinkRemoved--. Basically it would require students to go full time in about 3 years, but I could be eligible to work in the US or UK. Of course I'd still have to have a training contract! Just looking for opinions of the program and if anyone else has looked at studying abroad

NZA

Re: American going to law school in the UK

Postby NZA » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:50 pm

SavyLgirl wrote:I would love to move to the UK. I already have a degree so am looking at possibly attending the college of law in the UK. Here is the web address --LinkRemoved--. Basically it would require students to go full time in about 3 years, but I could be eligible to work in the US or UK. Of course I'd still have to have a training contract! Just looking for opinions of the program and if anyone else has looked at studying abroad

Do not do this.

firemed

Postby firemed » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:02 pm

NZA wrote:
SavyLgirl wrote:I would love to move to the UK. I already have a degree so am looking at possibly attending the college of law in the UK. Here is the web address --LinkRemoved--. Basically it would require students to go full time in about 3 years, but I could be eligible to work in the US or UK. Of course I'd still have to have a training contract! Just looking for opinions of the program and if anyone else has looked at studying abroad

Do not do this.

+1

If you are going to go to the UK go to a good law school there (this is the british equivalent of TTT) and stay there.

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:09 pm

You should get a LLB or BA in law from a UK school. It should be easier to get admitted if you have a solid GPA from a US school. It should be shorter, and cheaper, than a JD degree anyway.

firemed

Postby firemed » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:22 pm

AreJay711 wrote:You should get a LLB or BA in law from a UK school. It should be easier to get admitted if you have a solid GPA from a US school. It should be shorter, and cheaper, than a JD degree anyway.

I don't think cheaper. It is still $2 for a pound, right? And they do international student prices there. I think the cost ends up being like $30,000 a year. And it would take about 3 years there, right? So not shorter either... thought I suppose they could have a 2 year program for people already with a degree.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”