UVA ED w/out visiting first

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
FlanAl

Re: UVA ED w/out visiting first

Postby FlanAl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:20 am

the surf club part?

luckyme

Postby luckyme » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:20 am

Not to derail the thread, but do ED acceptances hear back faster than rejections?

akili

Postby akili » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:22 am

FlanAl wrote:the surf club part?

lol, no! I meant the not visiting part. Surfing is really cool though, I'm just not any good at it.

FlanAl

Postby FlanAl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:22 am

just kidding I mean it always seems like everyone's best shot and it looks like a lot of people go for it. the idea of going somewhere with a laid back reputation in the south (where things are already pretty laid back) appeals to me.

akili

Postby akili » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:23 am

FlanAl wrote:just kidding I mean it always seems like everyone's best shot and it looks like a lot of people go for it. the idea of going somewhere with a laid back reputation in the south (where things are already pretty laid back) appeals to me.

Me too! It seems really perfect, but ED is just kind of scary. I probably wouldn't get in anyways, but it still really freaks me out!

luckyme

Postby luckyme » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:25 am

akili wrote:
FlanAl wrote:just kidding I mean it always seems like everyone's best shot and it looks like a lot of people go for it. the idea of going somewhere with a laid back reputation in the south (where things are already pretty laid back) appeals to me.

Me too! It seems really perfect, but ED is just kind of scary. I probably wouldn't get in anyways, but it still really freaks me out!

? i think you have a really good chance

plum

Postby plum » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:26 am

FlanAl wrote:it seems like the UVA ED can be many splitters best way into the t 14. has anyone taken the t14 or bust mentality and taken the risk of UVA EDing without ever having been to Charlottesville? not saying that i'm going to do this but with the "ED UVA" advice being giving to almost every splitter (and the fact that i doubt all these people make their way out to the school) i'm definitely curious as to whether or not anyone has just rolled the ED dice without ever visiting.

i did it. i knew the weather would be great, heard the campus was beautiful. figured there was nothing to lose. i was right, it's lovely.

akili

Postby akili » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:29 am

luckyme wrote:
akili wrote:

? i think you have a really good chance

Really? Everyone's told me I don't really have a shot. Shooot. Now I have to think about this again :)

FlanAl

Postby FlanAl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:33 am

I'd say you have a shot, I just hope you don't bump me off with that high gpa of yours haha

akili

Postby akili » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:34 am

FlanAl wrote:I'd say you have a shot, I just hope you don't bump me off with that high gpa of yours haha

I could never do that to my favorite part of Home Improvement :)

FlanAl

Postby FlanAl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:39 am

:D

FlanAl

Postby FlanAl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:42 am

In all seriousness I feel like the best way to get to know a school is by talking to its students. I'd rather do it in person but I feel like the TLS people are pretty honest. I feel like visiting a school is kinda too much like a vacation to get a real feel for what the place is like anyways.

plum

Postby plum » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:52 am

luckyme wrote:Not to derail the thread, but do ED acceptances hear back faster than rejections?

i dunno bout rejections but i got my acceptance call like the same day i sent in my app. craziness.

FlanAl

Postby FlanAl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:01 am

do you mind if i ask what your numbers were?

luckyme

Postby luckyme » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:23 am

plum wrote:
luckyme wrote:Not to derail the thread, but do ED acceptances hear back faster than rejections?

i dunno bout rejections but i got my acceptance call like the same day i sent in my app. craziness.

when did you submit?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”