(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ivyhopeful56

Postby ivyhopeful56 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:32 pm

---
Last edited by ivyhopeful56 on Thu May 17, 2012 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Capitol A

Re: Question

Postby Capitol A » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:59 pm

ivyhopeful56 wrote:Which is easier in your opinions- Going to DC market (Home Market) or NY market from Ohio St., Going to Ohio/Pitt market (SO has ties plus my undergrad) from GW, fordham, or BC?

Money is not a factor really and I am not sure where I really want to work and I want to have the best options to move if I decide one of these markets....I know these schools are regional really, but still wondering

Just guessing but I would think the latter would be easier. While bc/gw etc may ne regional schools, you don't have as many big name schools in ohio turning out grads for you to compete with. In the former scenario on the other. Hand, you will be graduating from ohio state and trying to compete with national and regional school grads for a position in already difficult markets.

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:02 pm

Capitol A wrote:
ivyhopeful56 wrote:Which is easier in your opinions- Going to DC market (Home Market) or NY market from Ohio St., Going to Ohio/Pitt market (SO has ties plus my undergrad) from GW, fordham, or BC?

Money is not a factor really and I am not sure where I really want to work and I want to have the best options to move if I decide one of these markets....I know these schools are regional really, but still wondering

Just guessing but I would think the latter would be easier. While bc/gw etc may ne regional schools, you don't have as many big name schools in ohio turning out grads for you to compete with. In the former scenario on the other. Hand, you will be graduating from ohio state and trying to compete with national and regional school grads for a position in already difficult markets.

This. Definitely.

ivyhopeful56

Postby ivyhopeful56 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:13 am

---
Last edited by ivyhopeful56 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:26 am

ivyhopeful56 wrote:What about ND in those markets, would you think it would have an advantage over those schools, or even about the same?

ND would probably be stronger in the Ohio, etc. market. However, it would be weaker on the East Coast. The advantage ND has is it has a very loyal alumni base. That said, it probably won't help you out very much out.

concurrent fork

Postby concurrent fork » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:24 am

It is difficult to get DC even from East Coast T30s. I would avoid OSU if you want a realistic shot at that market. Keep in mind that there are tons more grads trying to go from OH/PA ---> NYC/DC than vice versa. Also:

Ohio 56%
Illinois 8%
New York 5%
Washington, D.C. 5%
http://moritzlaw.osu.edu/careerservices ... ss2009.php

Placement from BC/BU/Fordham ---> Midwest (non-Chi) is probably more like 1-2% due to self-selection and sheer market size.

birdlaw117 wrote:
ivyhopeful56 wrote:What about ND in those markets, would you think it would have an advantage over those schools, or even about the same?

ND would probably be stronger in the Ohio, etc. market. However, it would be weaker on the East Coast. The advantage ND has is it has a very loyal alumni base. That said, it probably won't help you out very much out.

Basically this. ND is just an all-around stronger school.
--Is it better than OSU for DC? Doubt it matters.
--NYC? Probably.
--Midwest? Definitely.
You should go there over OSU anyways unless money is a factor.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”