Tulane v. Florida State

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
lala7

Tulane v. Florida State

Postby lala7 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:28 pm

I'll receive in-state tuition at Florida State so it'll be much cheaper and I probably want to stay and practice in Florida but I don't want to be tied down to the state. I know I definitely I want to stay in the Southeast though. Are the couple spots between Tulane and FSU that important? Will it give me regional flexibility as opposed to state flexibility or will FSU allow me to move around the region as well?

Thanks!!

Blindc1rca

Re: Tulane v. Florida State

Postby Blindc1rca » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:52 pm

FSU definitely. Neither has national reach, FSU is well respected in FL and in Tallahassee it's surrounded by state gov opportunities.
Last edited by Blindc1rca on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gatorbull84

Postby Gatorbull84 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:54 pm

First off congrats on getting accepted. Im not a lawyer but I will answer anyways. I have been researching law schools for a little while now and everything I have found on FSU seems great. They are well respected and cheap.

If you don't mind me asking what were your numbers like?

jwrash

Postby jwrash » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:50 pm

lala7 wrote:I'll receive in-state tuition at Florida State so it'll be much cheaper and I probably want to stay and practice in Florida but I don't want to be tied down to the state. I know I definitely I want to stay in the Southeast though. Are the couple spots between Tulane and FSU that important? Will it give me regional flexibility as opposed to state flexibility or will FSU allow me to move around the region as well?

Thanks!!

then don't go to FSU

Blindmelon

Postby Blindmelon » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:01 pm

lala7 wrote:I'll receive in-state tuition at Florida State so it'll be much cheaper and I probably want to stay and practice in Florida but I don't want to be tied down to the state. I know I definitely I want to stay in the Southeast though. Are the couple spots between Tulane and FSU that important? Will it give me regional flexibility as opposed to state flexibility or will FSU allow me to move around the region as well?

Thanks!!

Those two = FSU.

Sean Bateman

Postby Sean Bateman » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:17 pm

1L at FSU, and although I can't speak for Tulane, I can say with the utmost confidence that you will LOVE it at FSU, as most of the student body does. PM me if you have specific questions about the school.

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:08 am

disclosure: Tulane 1L gunner. If you want to stay in state after graduation, FSU is TCR. You will not have a chance at DC, NYC, etc. from FSU. Tulane has a some tiny amount of 'national reach' left still, though it is not like it was before. Import info: did you get a schly to Tulane? Paying sticker is not a smart life decision. I have 2/3 of my tuition paid for, so it made it a pretty easy decision.

oh, sorry FSU but I'm from FL and it doesn't even come close to the quality of life that you would get here. the people and the city is amazing.

Aberzombie1892

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:18 am

New Orleans is an incredible place. I honestly do no think that there is a better city to go to graduate/law/med school in.

If you have a scholarship to Tulane (probably at least 1/2 to make it comparable), Tulane. It not, and you are comfortable staying in Florida, FSU.

If you have any specific questions, PM me.

Does anyone know what FSU curves to?

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:46 am

I'm curious about curves. Where do we find curve info?? What would you guys say if the options were UF-FSU-Tulane? Pretty much the same deal?

Sean Bateman

Postby Sean Bateman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:07 pm

heres our curve at FSU: http://www.law.fsu.edu/current_students ... rading.pdf

I think it's relatively generous...or so I'm told by friends at other law schools

-sb

Aberzombie1892

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:20 pm

So..FSU uses a C+/B- curve?

Tulane uses a B+.

OP - try to get money from Tulane ASAP.

Blindmelon

Postby Blindmelon » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:54 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:New Orleans is an incredible place. I honestly do no think that there is a better city to go to graduate/law/med school in.

If you have a scholarship to Tulane (probably at least 1/2 to make it comparable), Tulane. It not, and you are comfortable staying in Florida, FSU.

If you have any specific questions, PM me.

Does anyone know what FSU curves to?

Tulane is a great school... but I can't think of a single reason why Tulane would be better than FSU for FL. Better for 3 years yes, but law school is about getting a job....

deadpanic

Postby deadpanic » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:11 pm

FSU if tulane is at sticker, no question. not even close.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:14 pm

deadpanic wrote:FSU if tulane is at sticker, no question. not even close.

This. Tulane @ sticker = lulzy

Return to “Choosing a Law School”