Cutting Throats at the Top 14

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
FlightoftheEarls

Re: Cutting Throats at the Top 14

Postby FlightoftheEarls » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:03 pm

IAFG wrote:Don't cut throats, cut fingers. Like, paper cut depth. Just enough to make typing really annoying.

Also, I would guess Michigan, where placement strength ignorance seems the most rampant.

You're guessing Michigan is the most or least competitive? Also, curious what you mean by this.

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:23 pm

I think there is a difference between being cut-throat and being competitive. ITE being competitive and doing as well as you can is a necessity. My definition of cut-throat is doing as well as you can by putting others down -- like if someone asks you a question about the material and you tell them the wrong answer so they mess it up on the exam.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:10 pm

AreJay711 wrote:I think there is a difference between being cut-throat and being competitive. ITE being competitive and doing as well as you can is a necessity. My definition of cut-throat is doing as well as you can by putting others down -- like if someone asks you a question about the material and you tell them the wrong answer so they mess it up on the exam.

+1. I really hope wherever I end up going does not have many people like this. My highschool had tons of people that fit that description which made for an unpleasant experience.

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:36 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:I think there is a difference between being cut-throat and being competitive. ITE being competitive and doing as well as you can is a necessity. My definition of cut-throat is doing as well as you can by putting others down -- like if someone asks you a question about the material and you tell them the wrong answer so they mess it up on the exam.

+1. I really hope wherever I end up going does not have many people like this. My highschool had tons of people that fit that description which made for an unpleasant experience.

you will generate an incredibly bad reputation if you do this. unless you're a fuckin animal, you aren't going to be able to go it alone in law school; you need friends and social capital. it would be retarded to a ridiculous degree to do something like this because the damage it would do to your social capital would be immense.

tl; dr. doing this would make you a huge douchebag. nobody likes douchebags.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:14 am

dailygrind wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

you will generate an incredibly bad reputation if you do this. unless you're a fuckin animal, you aren't going to be able to go it alone in law school; you need friends and social capital. it would be retarded to a ridiculous degree to do something like this because the damage it would do to your social capital would be immense.

Yeah well in highschool pretty girls could get away with anything.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:17 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
dailygrind wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

Yeah well in highschool pretty girls could get away with anything.

hth

BruceWayne

Postby BruceWayne » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:31 am

whymeohgodno wrote:Yeah well in highschool pretty girls could get away with anything.

What do you mean, in high school?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”