UT worth it for non-residents?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Is UT worth it for non-residents?

Yes, at sticker.
39%
Yes, with money.
50%
No, unless full ride.
4%
No.
7%

Total votes: 46

de5igual

Re: UT worth it for non-residents?

Postby de5igual » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:06 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
philosoraptor wrote:FYI, all, the property loophole is closed as of next year's incoming class, from what I understand. If you're thinking about entering UT in 2011, do your research before dropping a bundle on a scheme to gain residency.

Good to know. Thanks for the update.

Property isnt always the way to go with UT. They make it very easy for someone to gte residency after one year, as long as you are willing to put in time and effort to get it.

for most people,

randomly getting married to a TX resident or gainful employment for 12 months without leaving the state ≠ easy

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:09 pm

f0bolous wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
philosoraptor wrote:FYI, all, the property loophole is closed as of next year's incoming class, from what I understand. If you're thinking about entering UT in 2011, do your research before dropping a bundle on a scheme to gain residency.

Property isnt always the way to go with UT. They make it very easy for someone to gte residency after one year, as long as you are willing to put in time and effort to get it.

for most people,

randomly getting married to a TX resident or gainful employment for 12 months without leaving the state ≠ easy

You just have to lower your standards a whole bunch and it shouldn't be TOO hard.

littlebit

Postby littlebit » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:25 pm

I think that if you get any type of scholarship it comes with in-state tuition. Most get money with 3.6+ and 167+.

Postby 005618502 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:08 pm

f0bolous wrote:
JazzOne wrote:

for most people,

You just have to find ways around it. And there are many ways, so yes it can be easy. You just dont know how to go about it.

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:33 am

I'm a Texas resident, and I'll be happy to trade residencies with anyone from Virginia, Michigan, or California.

lol

Return to “Choosing a Law School”