Harvard, Michigan, or Georgetown?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
oshberg28

Re: Harvard, Michigan, or Georgetown?

Postby oshberg28 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:02 pm

MdmMoisel wrote:
patrickd139 wrote:
socraticmethodman wrote:I have not been accepted yet, but I am an aa male, 3.7 gpa, great softs, and will hopefully score a 170+ in December ( scored a 172 on pt 58).

Take the LSAT and then come back. These predictor threads are less than useless without them.

+1

Except this isn't a predictor thread. Fail.

The Stig

Postby The Stig » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:23 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
FlightoftheEarls wrote:Yeah, C.J. Roberts made an unannounced visit to my Torts class last year and jokingly started lecturing on the old English law case we were doing, and then he entertained questions for about 30 minutes. So, therefore, the difference between Harvard/Michigan and even lower T14 is only visible in a few real ways, but those ways are often ridiculous. :wink:

Huh, interesting. Michigan seems to be imitating Harvard all over the place. :wink:

looks like Boalt is in on it as well :)

BoaltAdmissions Berkeley Law wrote:FYI Justice Sonia Sotomayor will be here in February as one of the 3 justices presiding over our McBaine Honors Competition (moot court).

^from their admissions twitter feed a half-hour ago....

Noval

Postby Noval » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:42 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:I know people won't believe this, but Michigan definitely.
It obviously depends on what you want. If you want wallstreet law, then definitely Harvard. If you're a PI person, and you want a good experience in law school then Michigan. Georgetown is significantly lower in opinion than Michigan and Harvard. Additionally their campus actually isn't connected to the undergrad campus, and a lot of people commute.

That person said it all, but before making your top choice school definitive, please look at all your options, inspirations and funds, it's easy to get your choice done but it's hard to switch after, think twice.
Last edited by Noval on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomtom23

Postby tomtom23 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:20 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:I maintain that people at Harvard in general SEEM to enjoy their time in LS less then Michigan people.

No shit! Ann Arbor vs Cambridge. Harvard may be a better school but (relatively speaking) the town sucks.

vanwinkle wrote:Well, first of all, Harvard has this really smug reputation, but it seems totally unfounded.

Yea, after reading this thread I'm with ya :roll:

Time for another ego-boosting ban?

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:41 pm

tomtom23 wrote:Time for another ego-boosting ban?

Sure, why not?

--ImageRemoved--

This is an on-topic forum, and folks were having a generally nice discussion about differences between law schools. Trolling a mod here is bold, but not smart.

MysticalWheel

Postby MysticalWheel » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:43 pm

IAFG wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:
lawschoollll wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:I know people won't believe this, but Michigan definitely.
It obviously depends on what you want. If you want wallstreet law, then definitely Harvard. If you're a PI person, and you want a good experience in law school then Michigan. Georgetown is significantly lower in opinion than Michigan and Harvard. Additionally their campus actually isn't connected to the undergrad campus, and a lot of people commute.

The extent to which you have no idea what you're talking about is truly astounding.

wow your evidence is so persuasive
my opinion has definitely been changed.

I think it's hard to contend against the fact that, in general, people enjoy their 'in law school' experience better at Michigan than Harvard...
Job prospects will be better at Harvard, but the difference is negligible if you want to work in the Midwest.
Georgetown has good D.C. placement, but Harvard owns it in NY (not that Georgetown still doesn't have good placement). Mich and GT rep in NYC is probably relatively similar (except in law firms, which will know that Mich is a bit more prestigious)

I think all that is fair.

you have no idea how competitive prestigious PI like ACLU is. even from harvard it is FAR from guaranteed.

LOL! ACLU and prestige in the same sentence...that was a good one.

MW

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:47 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:LOL! ACLU and prestige in the same sentence...that was a good one.

MW

The ALCU is an organization that requires presitgious credentials to work for.

BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT

MysticalWheel

Postby MysticalWheel » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:00 pm

paratactical wrote:
MysticalWheel wrote:LOL! ACLU and prestige in the same sentence...that was a good one.

MW

Are you stalking my posts on here, lol? I repeat: ACLU and prestige in the same sentence...that was a good one. Keep your left wing idols in the closet.

CREEPY STALKER- STOP STALKING ME!

MW

Postby 12262010 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:04 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:
paratactical wrote:

MW

Are you stalking my posts on here, lol? I repeat: ACLU and prestige in the same sentence...that was a good one. Keep your left wing idols in the closet.

MW

it's hard to stop stalking someone BORN and BRED for so much SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:05 pm

WTF is this shit?

mrmangs

Postby mrmangs » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:14 pm

MysticalWheel wrote:
paratactical wrote:

MW

MW

Maybe if you stop signing off on everything with an "MW" you'll be harder to track down.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:16 pm

This thread is over.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”