Need Some Help

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
uwgbluedevil

Need Some Help

Postby uwgbluedevil » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:07 pm

Non-URM Male from Georgia. Also have family in NC. 3.1, 163.

I currently have 15 schools that I am seriously looking at, that I'm pretty sure I can get into most.
In no particular order: Oregon, Chicago-Kent, UCONN (reach), Georgia State, DePaul, Mich. St.(if i get enough money), Temple, Villanova, Mercer (with a good scholarship), Loyola-Chicago, Seton Hall, Pitt, Penn St., Marquette, and Miami.

My question is, are there any schools that I should seriously look at, that might be considered reaches, that I should take serious looks at. The reason I am asking is that I have fee waivers from all of these schools, so I am spending significantly less then I originally planned, so I figured I could spend a few hundred on some reach schools I havent thought of.

Any suggestions would be helpful, and location is really not a consideration. I'm pretty sure UGA is out unless my LOR's are outstanding and my PS is out of this world, but I'm not counting on that. Anyway, thanks in advance.

uwgbluedevil

Re: Need Some Help

Postby uwgbluedevil » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:25 pm

bump. anyone?

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:19 am

almost same numbers/person as me. For UGA you need a couple more points on our LSAT. Last year they seemed to LOVE the LSAT numbers 164/165. I am retaking to get a better shot at UGA but am not holding out tons of hope as last year they were flooded with apps and applying in Jan will be tough.

If GSU gave me a nice scholarship I would have a hard time passing it up and attending law school for next to nothing....

uwgbluedevil

Postby uwgbluedevil » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:48 am

Yeah Georgia State is definitely the number 1 school on my list here in Georgia. I have a pretty strong contact in the entertainment law field here in Atlanta so I would like to stay closeby if possible so that I can work with him during law school and get a head start on building a network, even if I dont get into ent. law right out of school which is next to impossible to do.

tea_drinker

Postby tea_drinker » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:18 pm

do you have any WE? how're your softs? can you retake?

uwgbluedevil

Postby uwgbluedevil » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:45 pm

no real post college work experience. worked for 1 year at FedEx as a manager after high school to pay for first year of undergrad, but didnt work during college. 2 internships senior year at undergrad. I would say my LOR's are probably average, but I really couldnt say if they are great. I didnt really network all that well during undergrad so my letters are coming from people who i took their classes and a few from my internships. But the professors especially didnt really know me outside of the grades i made, and the papers I wrote.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”