Please help me decide where to apply

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ryno8cubs5

Please help me decide where to apply

Postby ryno8cubs5 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:37 pm

I just got my scores back from the October LSAT and I got a 157. I have a cummulative LSAC GPA of 3.29. I have taken the LSAT 3 times. 148/147/157 respectively. My father had passed away the spring before and the initial study time was spent in a state of grief/depression, then a panic to try and retake to get into the 2010 year of study, so should I write an addendum wherever I go?

My main question would be does anyone have any suggestions? I am looking into UMKC and KU right now. They seem right around my scores and are located by where I live. Midwest is ideal, but I am looking for the best school, so any suggestions will help.

157/3.29 for anyone who doesn't want to read all of it. Just wanting suggestions on schools.

Cmoss

Re: Please help me decide where to apply

Postby Cmoss » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:39 pm

ku>umkc is all i can suggest. my brother in law graduated from KU and is currently at Shook. He enjoyed his time at Kansas but worked his ass off to get to top 10%

mala2

Postby mala2 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:14 pm

I think the state schools idea is a good one. You could apply there, and if a DEC retake helps you apply other places.

I think my GPA will end up being about 3.5 when all my transcripts get in, and I got a 163 on the LSAT. Right now I only feel like I'm competitive at the state schools. If I ace the DEC lsat (like 175+) I might apply other places.

ryno8cubs5

Postby ryno8cubs5 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Yeah, I was thinking KU was a better decision. It just kills me, as my whole family hates KU fans. But, they can get over it. I am a point below their median LSAT of 158, but I think I have a pretty good chance still. I hope at least.

TT09

Postby TT09 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:15 pm

ryno8cubs5 wrote:Yeah, I was thinking KU was a better decision. It just kills me, as my whole family hates KU fans. But, they can get over it. I am a point below their median LSAT of 158, but I think I have a pretty good chance still. I hope at least.

Definitely KU>UMKC. Also, what about Missouri? I don't know exactly what their medians are, but I believe you might have a shot.

Cmoss

Postby Cmoss » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:46 pm

Muck fizzu! Rockchalk

TT09 wrote:
ryno8cubs5 wrote:Yeah, I was thinking KU was a better decision. It just kills me, as my whole family hates KU fans. But, they can get over it. I am a point below their median LSAT of 158, but I think I have a pretty good chance still. I hope at least.

Definitely KU>UMKC. Also, what about Missouri? I don't know exactly what their medians are, but I believe you might have a shot.

TT09

Postby TT09 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Cmoss wrote:Muck fizzu! Rockchalk

TT09 wrote:

LOL...how sweet was it seeing them go down this weekend against Nebraska? I'm a Big XII South guy myself, but I've never liked Mizzou for some reason.

ryno8cubs5

Postby ryno8cubs5 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:59 pm

TT09 wrote:

They are about 159 median LSAT and ??3.5?? GPA, I think. I am right around their 25th percentile, which is 157 LSAT and 3.09 GPA. I plan on applying there, I am just not as sure about my chances.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”