What are your thoughts on UNC vs UGA vs Brooklyn?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
UnTouChablE

Re: What are your thoughts on UNC vs UGA vs Brooklyn?

Postby UnTouChablE » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:23 am

ResolutePear wrote:
Aqualibrium wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
Aqualibrium wrote:Well the cheapest school is all that matters with JAG if his choices are those three. The thing is, he may change his mind. I have a couple of classmates who came in wanting to do jag, got accepted into the uber competitive first year student jag program, then decided they don't want to do jag.

HE IS GOING TO JAG TO LATERAL OVER TO CIVILIAN LAW...

If you guys don't see the flaw in this reasoning and why it should be address... /TLS.

That was ignored because it was silly. He'll figure that out by the time he does any real time in law school. I addressed the question as if he would never even go into JAG to begin with.

That makes this thread irrelevant and all who post on it a bunch of trolling LS-jockriders.

/thread.

Wat the fuck is Resolute Pear talking about? Shut da fuck up or explain yourself you idiot.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:27 am

romothesavior wrote:RP, what are you talking about bro?

Just having some lulz on the trollz.

But, it is true. People are shooting off schools without addressing a massive error in the OP's reasoning.

It's like me asking: I want to be a doctor, which LS should I go?

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:30 am

ResolutePear wrote:
romothesavior wrote:RP, what are you talking about bro?

Just having some lulz on the trollz.

But, it is true. People are shooting off schools without addressing a massive error in the OP's reasoning.

It's like me asking: I want to be a doctor, which LS should I go?

It isn't like that at all. The fact that it may be unlikely that op can lateral from jag to DA or whatever doesn't make an analysis of the respective worth of each school faulty.

Fact is, OP wants to be a lawyer. He thinks he wants to do a certain thing now, but he probably wont even begin to execute the first part of that plan. As a result, it's in his best interest to go to the school that is the best value.
Last edited by Aqualibrium on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:52 am

UnTouChablE wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
Aqualibrium wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
HE IS GOING TO JAG TO LATERAL OVER TO CIVILIAN LAW...

If you guys don't see the flaw in this reasoning and why it should be address... /TLS.

That was ignored because it was silly. He'll figure that out by the time he does any real time in law school. I addressed the question as if he would never even go into JAG to begin with.

That makes this thread irrelevant and all who post on it a bunch of trolling LS-jockriders.

/thread.

Wat the fuck is Resolute Pear talking about? Shut da fuck up or explain yourself you idiot.

Explanation? You havn't been on this board long enough, have you?

policestate1234

Postby policestate1234 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:49 am

ResolutePear wrote:You're all fucking retarded.

You guys are picking schools and have neglected that he wants to go from JAG->US Attorney's Office.

Address this before this thread goes on.

First off, it's obvious that you did not do any research regarding exit options for JAG.
Second, once you do your research you will know that ADA is a realistic option and becoming an AUSA is also a possibility.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:54 am

policestate1234 wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:You're all fucking retarded.

You guys are picking schools and have neglected that he wants to go from JAG->US Attorney's Office.

Address this before this thread goes on.

First off, it's obvious that you did not do any research regarding exit options for JAG.
Second, once you do your research you will know that ADA is a realistic option and becoming an AUSA is also a possibility.

The OP should take from this guy.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:25 am

Anyone else confused by what just happened ITT?

Postby 005618502 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:43 pm

romothesavior wrote:Anyone else confused by what just happened ITT?

yes

deadhipsters

Postby deadhipsters » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:50 pm

More confused by the Cowboys failures.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:34 pm

I was drunk posting.

I still laughed at my randomness this morning, so that's something.

thexfactor

Postby thexfactor » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:56 pm

policestate1234 wrote:I wouldn't be paying sticker. I will have either a full ride to half tuition:

full ride Brooklyn
close to full ride UGA
half tuition for UNC

Career goals: I want to be a trial attorney. I am hoping to go to JAG then ADA or hopefully US Attorney's office.

Does it even matter which school I go to? Does any school offer me a better chance to transfer into HYS, if I do well?

the transfer game has really changed....
2 years ago someone from top 50 school ranked 10% had a chance at GT and other lower T14s. Now a lot of schools are cutting back and most schools are taking half the transfer load. Check yahoo transferapps for data on transferring.

None of those schools will allow you to transfer to HYS unless you are num1 in your class. I would choose UNC. NY is oversaturated and UNC is acutally decently priced if you are at half scholarship. Plus the cost of living in NC is a lot lower than NYC.

whitman

Postby whitman » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:31 pm

eandy wrote:One of my profs used to be a partner in a firm in Charlotte. He says the legal market is pretty much dead there, FWIW. It's probably not worth fighting over it in this thread.

also lol@ the idea that UNC is more prestigious than UGA.
Everyone knows UNC and UGA students are equally fucked.

...as far as I know, UNC is and always has been considered much more prestigious than UGA. It's usually lumped with UVA, whereas UGA is considered on par with its fellow SEC schools. Just talking in terms of prestige, not law placement or anything.

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:02 pm

whitman wrote:
eandy wrote:One of my profs used to be a partner in a firm in Charlotte. He says the legal market is pretty much dead there, FWIW. It's probably not worth fighting over it in this thread.

...as far as I know, UNC is and always has been considered much more prestigious than UGA. It's usually lumped with UVA, whereas UGA is considered on par with its fellow SEC schools. Just talking in terms of prestige, not law placement or anything.
whitman wrote:

!! ladies, my UVA prestige and golden cock are available, please PM if you want my number.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:03 pm

whitman wrote:

...as far as I know, UNC is and always has been considered much more prestigious than UGA. It's usually lumped with UVA,

Ummm.... no.

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:04 pm

romothesavior wrote:
whitman wrote:

...as far as I know, UNC is and always has been considered much more prestigious than UGA. It's usually lumped with UVA,

Ummm.... no.

WTF BRO WHY YOU BLOWIN MY SPOT

eandy

Postby eandy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:07 pm

Matteliszt wrote:
whitman wrote:

!! ladies, my UVA prestige and golden cock are available, please PM if you want my number.

Obviously, I am lacking in the prestige department. PM sent.

whitman

Postby whitman » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:35 pm

Sorry, I meant lay prestige, but it was a ridiculous, irrelevant comment regardless. Obviously UVA Law >>>>>>>> UNC Law > UGA Law. My bad.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:39 pm

whitman wrote:Sorry, I meant lay prestige, but it was a ridiculous, irrelevant comment regardless. Obviously UVA Law >>>>>>>> UNC Law > UGA Law. My bad.

According to lay prestige, Princeton is America's third best law school after Harvard and Yale. :wink:

Return to “Choosing a Law School”