Where to go? 3.51/167

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
rman1201

Where to go? 3.51/167

Postby rman1201 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:01 pm

Hey everyone, I haven't been on in a while, but I'm getting back into things since I actually have an LSAT score now.
I'm not entirely sure where I should go now that I have a score, and I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed.

My LSAT (1st time) is 167, my LSDAS GPA is 3.51. Average softs (internship, research experience, Good LORs from Profs I researched with).
I'm a Florida resident, however I'd really like to get out of the south all together.
The dream has been to work in NYC, so the options I've been considering are
Cornell
Fordham
Cardozo (should get a 75-100% scholly?)
Brooklyn
GWU
and if I do change my mind, maybe just go to UF, Emory, or Vandy if I want to stay close to family...
Maybe BC/BU? Boston doesn't seem like too horrible of a city.

dakatz

Re: Where to go? 3.51/167

Postby dakatz » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:10 pm

Considering you are so close in numbers to me, perhaps I can give you some useful predictions based on how my cycle went. I got into Cornell but many others with the same numbers got waitlisted. You will definitely get into Cardozo and Brooklyn, probably both with good money. As for solid match schools, definitely shoot for GWU, BU, BC, Fordham, etc.

HOV

Re: Where to go? 3.51/167

Postby HOV » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:25 pm

dakatz wrote:Considering you are so close in numbers to me, perhaps I can give you some useful predictions based on how my cycle went. I got into Cornell but many others with the same numbers got waitlisted. You will definitely get into Cardozo and Brooklyn, probably both with good money. As for solid match schools, definitely shoot for GWU, BU, BC, Fordham, etc.

this is solid information. can you give more insight about your application in general? perhaps when you submitted apps to Cornell and when you received decision? or whether you were an extraordinary applicant in some way? the reason I ask is that I have similar numbers also and I would love to go to Cornell.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”