Best Social Life/Most "Fun" Schools in the top 20?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
whitman

Re: Best Social Life/Most "Fun" Schools in the top 20?

Postby whitman » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:42 pm

omninode wrote:So I don't get a pass for my stupid, rambling, 3am post? So be it. Lesson learned.For the record, I do think it is ridiculous to try to objectively state that one school is more fun than another, and I don't know what people hope to achieve by asking the question. And, of course, if you are in a position to choose between T20 schools, you have more important things to consider than how fun the schools are. Little things like, you know, what you want to be doing and where you want to live and work for the rest of your career.

You shouldn't argue about these things in general. It is funny to watch, though, so thank you.

Remnantofisrael

Postby Remnantofisrael » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:07 pm

I hate to admit it, but if social life is a solid concern, you need to decide what you mean by social life. Because NYC is going to offer the most amazing and constantly changing opportunity for fun and social life, but you also won't be a "big fish" law student at the bars full of people much more impressive than you. What is it you are looking for? Ann Arbor is an awesome "college town", for example whereas UVA is much more fratty fun (or so I've heard).

Hell, I HATE philly and I think the JD and MBA students at Penn have a really great time and fun environment.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:09 pm

omninode wrote:Guys, this entire thread is stupid. I was just trying to shake it up a little with some late night douchebaggery. Sorry if I offended your sensibilities. I thought I would get more amusing responses than "lol this is stupid."

Does anybody really take these "what schools are fun???" threads seriously?

your response was reasonable, not sure what was so stupid about,

haters gonna hate

UnTouChablE

Postby UnTouChablE » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:07 pm

ahduth wrote:Whatever, I don't think the post is stupid, it's three years of your life. If it's the sole basis for making your decision, then yeah, your priorities are out of whack. But choosing between academically comparable schools, sure, find somewhere you'll be happy. Or maybe for jay711 somewhere you'll be unhappy lol.

But based on my undergrad experience, the answer to the question is... NYU, NYU and... NYU. Every band in the world comes through to do a show? Check. Incredibly diverse club/bar scene? Check. Best restaurants on the planet? We could argue this one all day. 24 hour city where you pretty much everything is at your fingertips? Check.

And just to troll...

No football team, so you don't have to deal with that crap that passes for socializing, culture, whatever it's supposed to be at other schools? Check.

I go to UofC so I say this with a caveat but + mafuckin 1!

I went to undergrad in NYC and the city is amazing, I was more concerned about academics tho when I made my choice. But as to most "fun" schools, I think location is the sole determining factor

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:15 pm

Remnantofisrael wrote:I hate to admit it, but if social life is a solid concern, you need to decide what you mean by social life. Because NYC is going to offer the most amazing and constantly changing opportunity for fun and social life, but you also won't be a "big fish" law student at the bars full of people much more impressive than you. What is it you are looking for? Ann Arbor is an awesome "college town", for example whereas UVA is much more fratty fun (or so I've heard).

Hell, I HATE philly and I think the JD and MBA students at Penn have a really great time and fun environment.

MBA students have a lot more fun in general.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”