Which law schools are liberal/conservative?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Jack Smirks

Re: Which law schools are liberal/conservative?

Postby Jack Smirks » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:04 pm

bostlaw wrote:Definition of SARCASM
1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
2a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

example:
Bumi wrote:I heard every single student, professor, and administrator at Berkeley voted for Obama and every single student, professor, and administrator at Virginia voted for McCain.

Is this some sort of joke?

Rand M.

Postby Rand M. » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:07 pm

Look for places that have either a very active Federalist Society, or a very active American Constituion Society. The more active one of those are, the more you can know about the students (and to a certain extent faculty) at a given school.

While it is true that you should be primarily thinking about which schools is best for your goals, there is nothing wrong with considering the environment you'll be learning in. However, over the past couple of decades, most schools schools have smartened up and now have faculty of all political stripes. It really is better that way. Just my .02.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:11 pm

naterj wrote:
2a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

example:
Bumi wrote:I heard every single student, professor, and administrator at Berkeley voted for Obama and every single student, professor, and administrator at Virginia voted for McCain.

what he should have done

jt1341 wrote:

Is this a joke?

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:14 pm

That ribbon gives me a seizure every time I see it.

Postby 005618502 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:27 pm

this may be the shittest thread i have ever seen. Not a single person tried to really answer the question

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:31 pm

jt1341 wrote:this may be the shittest thread i have ever seen. Not a single person tried to really answer the question

Each answer is an important and unique snowflake that has value in the real world.

Postby 005618502 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:34 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
jt1341 wrote:this may be the shittest thread i have ever seen. Not a single person tried to really answer the question

Each answer is an important and unique snowflake that has value in the real world.

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:34 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
naterj wrote:

example:

what he should have done

jt1341 wrote:

Is this a joke?

are
you
kidding
me

who are you?

Postby 005618502 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:37 pm

are
you
kidding
me

who are you?

Who are you?

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:40 pm

jt1341 wrote:
are
you
kidding
me

who are you?

Who are you?

'who are you' in this instance is used to convey the meaning synonymous with "what is seriously wrong with you?"/What possessed you to think that was okay?

Postby 005618502 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:43 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
jt1341 wrote:
are
you
kidding
me

who are you?

Who are you?

'who are you' in this instance is used to convey the meaning synonymous with "what is seriously wrong with you?"/What possessed you to think that was okay?

Its an internet forum where no ones true identity can be found, there are basically no rules.

Though that was relatively messed up

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:44 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:

are
you
kidding
me

who are you?

Just a guy trying to spread some awareness is all. The world could use more people like me.

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:47 pm

+1. I'm really disappointed in the quality of responses on this website. I'm seriously considering taking my business elsewhere.

Postby 005618502 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:49 pm

naterj wrote:

+1. I'm really disappointed in the quality of responses on this website. I'm seriously considering taking my business elsewhere.

Wouldnt be a bad idea. I mean think about this forum....

Most people are students who are not in law school. We all think we know alot because we have been through the application process or seen the process of others, btu really our information shouldnt be taken for much.

Also people base WAYYY to much off of law school numbers when 1) its self reported so i can go on and say i got into HYS with a 3.5 165 and everyone will use it as a crazy example. 2) only a small portion of people applying to law school use LSN, so it shouldnt be used at all really.

Rand M.

Postby Rand M. » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:51 pm

Rand M. wrote:Look for places that have either a very active Federalist Society, or a very active American Constituion Society. The more active one of those are, the more you can know about the students (and to a certain extent faculty) at a given school.

While it is true that you should be primarily thinking about which schools is best for your goals, there is nothing wrong with considering the environment you'll be learning in. However, over the past couple of decades, most schools schools have smartened up and now have faculty of all political stripes. It really is better that way. Just my .02.

I definitely responded to the OP, but I get the sentiment. I really have no idea why some people's lives are so bad that they waste everyone's time. Yes, it is an internet forum, and it's not really all that important. But that is all the more reason why these lame attempts to get people to laugh are pathetic. I'm sure though, that many posters will continue to waste everyone's time and their own energy. That's just the way it goes.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:53 pm

Rand M. wrote:
Rand M. wrote:Look for places that have either a very active Federalist Society, or a very active American Constituion Society. The more active one of those are, the more you can know about the students (and to a certain extent faculty) at a given school.

I definitely responded to the OP, but I get the sentiment. I really have no idea why some people's lives are so bad that they waste everyone's time. Yes, it is an internet forum, and it's not really all that important. But that is all the more reason why these lame attempts to get people to laugh are pathetic. I'm sure though, that many posters will continue to waste everyone's time and their own energy. That's just the way it goes.

No - it just gets 'lulzy' answering the same-exact-question in depth every couple of months. We assume he's either a troll or he didn't bother to search. Either way, it's fair game.

Guys, get the stick out of your asses. Sheesh.

Postby 005618502 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:53 pm

Rand M. wrote:

Very true, you may have had the only helpful post

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:56 pm

jt1341 wrote:
naterj wrote:

Most people are students who are not in law school. We all think we know alot because we have been through the application process or seen the process of others, btu really our information shouldnt be taken for much.

Also people base WAYYY to much off of law school numbers when 1) its self reported so i can go on and say i got into HYS with a 3.5 165 and everyone will use it as a crazy example. 2) only a small portion of people applying to law school use LSN, so it shouldnt be used at all really.

You seriously know someone who got into HYS with a 3.5/165? I always thought that the people quoting those crazy examples were just making stuff up but I believe you because I can tell you're being honest. I'm actually considering applying T3 as well after hearing of all the positive results from people with less than stellar numbers. I'll pm you to let you know how it turns out.

Rand M.

Postby Rand M. » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:57 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
Rand M. wrote:

No - it just gets 'lulzy' answering the same-exact-question in depth every couple of months. We assume he's either a troll or he didn't bother to search. Either way, it's fair game.

In either one of those scenarios, why not just move on? It's just lame.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:58 pm

Rand M. wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
Rand M. wrote:

In either one of those scenarios, why not just move on? It's just lame.

Post count. We need to pad it to grow our e-peens.

Postby 005618502 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:01 pm

naterj wrote:
jt1341 wrote:
naterj wrote:

You seriously know someone who got into HYS with a 3.5/165? I always thought that the people quoting those crazy examples were just making stuff up but I believe you because I can tell you're being honest. I'm actually considering applying T3 as well after hearing of all the positive results from people with less than stellar numbers. I'll pm you to let you know how it turns out.

Good luck man! cant wait to hear the results!

bostlaw

Postby bostlaw » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:49 am

wait is the consensus that im funny or not funny?

Postby 005618502 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:48 pm

bostlaw wrote:wait is the consensus that im funny or not funny?

Probably gonna have to go with not. Sorry

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:00 pm

bostlaw wrote:wait is the consensus that im funny or not funny?

Not Funny.

This is funny:
D. H2Oman wrote:
naterj wrote:

example:

what he should have done

jt1341 wrote:

Is this a joke?

And this is a humorless prude:

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
jt1341 wrote:
are
you
kidding
me

who are you?

Who are you?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Holy fuck some people are dumb.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”