Which law schools are liberal/conservative? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
paratactical

Platinum

Re: Which law schools are liberal/conservative?

Post by paratactical » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:08 pm

bk187 wrote:Holy fuck some people are dumb.
And uptight.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:09 pm

paratactical wrote:
bk187 wrote:Holy fuck some people are dumb.
And uptight.
Same thing.

ohlawl

New

Post by ohlawl » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:12 pm

Princeton Review has rankings of most liberal and most conservative. Apparently they do student surveys to gather the data.

"Most Conservative Students" – George Mason University
"Most Liberal Students" – American University

There are lists of both but you have to sign up to see the full rankings. Also a quick search of TLS shows at least one other thread with this topic, so I think the joke responses are merited.

bostlaw

Bronze

Post by bostlaw » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:40 pm

notes have been taken for future improvement. thanks paratactical

FAR262

New

Post by FAR262 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:48 pm

Thanks to Rand, Posthawk and Ohlawl for relevant posts. And Ohlawl I looked back in the forum a few pages and couldn't find any threads on this topic other than one that was specifically about Arizona State. Yeah maybe doing a search would have been the best idea, but I figured if it hadn't been discussed since at least July it wouldn't be a horrific thing to bring it up again and that there could have possibly been new stats that came out since then. My sincere apologies to anybody that may have been have found themselves dreadfully bored having to read a question that they may have seen a few months ago. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:23 pm

FAR262 wrote:Thanks to Rand, Posthawk and Ohlawl for relevant posts. And Ohlawl I looked back in the forum a few pages and couldn't find any threads on this topic other than one that was specifically about Arizona State. Yeah maybe doing a search would have been the best idea, but I figured if it hadn't been discussed since at least July it wouldn't be a horrific thing to bring it up again and that there could have possibly been new stats that came out since then. My sincere apologies to anybody that may have been have found themselves dreadfully bored having to read a question that they may have seen a few months ago. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.
Dont worry about people on this forum who are dumbasses. You have to just assume the ones with 10,000 plus posts either have no life, or are actually interested in helping people. I am sure you can easily figure out who goes for which.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:27 pm

lol

Bumi

Silver

Post by Bumi » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:33 pm

FAR262 wrote:Thanks to Rand, Posthawk and Ohlawl for relevant posts. And Ohlawl I looked back in the forum a few pages and couldn't find any threads on this topic other than one that was specifically about Arizona State. Yeah maybe doing a search would have been the best idea, but I figured if it hadn't been discussed since at least July it wouldn't be a horrific thing to bring it up again and that there could have possibly been new stats that came out since then. My sincere apologies to anybody that may have been have found themselves dreadfully bored having to read a question that they may have seen a few months ago. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.
Just to be clear, I made fun of your question because I think it's a silly question, not because it's been discussed recently. Median political belief isn't as easy to measure as median LSAT.

Chupavida

Bronze

Post by Chupavida » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:34 pm

Why would the degree to which the faculty/students of a given law school suffer from your particular flavor of ideological disease be relevant?

I suppose it might be nice to know where you can go to have your silly beliefs challenged/stretched, but something tells me that instead, you're looking for a place where your delicate conservative flower won't be trampled on by those mean liberal hippies.

Protip: If you focus on going to a conservative enough school, you'll get the same lessons you would have gotten at a good school. The rub is that the unemployment line isn't as kind a teacher as your classmates would have been.

Anyway, to make a good faith attempt to answer the question: It's not quite T-14, but Ave Maria is super conservative; try there!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:26 pm

Chupavida wrote:Why would the degree to which the faculty/students of a given law school suffer from your particular flavor of ideological disease be relevant?

I suppose it might be nice to know where you can go to have your silly beliefs challenged/stretched, but something tells me that instead, you're looking for a place where your delicate conservative flower won't be trampled on by those mean liberal hippies.

Protip: If you focus on going to a conservative enough school, you'll get the same lessons you would have gotten at a good school. The rub is that the unemployment line isn't as kind a teacher as your classmates would have been.

Anyway, to make a good faith attempt to answer the question: It's not quite T-14, but Ave Maria is super conservative; try there!
Adam West frowns upon this babble.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:35 pm

Yale is whatever you want it to be. Unicorns could shooting rainbows into your mouth and you still have it made.

fear&loathingintexas

New

Post by fear&loathingintexas » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:21 pm

Bumi wrote:I heard every single student, professor, and administrator at Berkeley voted for Obama and every single student, professor, and administrator at Virginia voted for McCain.
I find it highly unlikely that every single student, professor and administrator at UVA voted for McCain, considering Obama won Virginia by about 7 points.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:29 pm

fear&loathingintexas wrote:
Bumi wrote:I heard every single student, professor, and administrator at Berkeley voted for Obama and every single student, professor, and administrator at Virginia voted for McCain.
I find it highly unlikely that every single student, professor and administrator at UVA voted for McCain, considering Obama won Virginia by about 7 points.
Are there like 7,000 people living in the State of Virginia?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:44 pm

You have clearly bested him. He'll think twice before he makes such a bold statement in the future.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:46 pm

ResolutePear wrote:

And they all voted for McCain.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:50 pm

kalvano wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:

And they all voted for McCain.
Quick, hide your women and kids - McCain is back on the trail... as a

Code: Select all

MAVERICK! 
[/size][/b][/i][/u]

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:52 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
You have clearly bested him. He'll think twice before he makes such a bold statement in the future.
+1

OH SNAP, nothing gets by fear&loathingintexas. Fucking pwned his ass. This will go down in history.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:06 am

D. H2Oman wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
+1

OH SNAP, nothing gets by fear&loathingintexas. Fucking pwned his ass. This will go down in history.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:35 am

D. H2Oman wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
+1

--ImageRemoved--

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:51 pm

You must be new here. Welcome to TLS

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”