Upcoming Law Fair.

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
mwheatley

Upcoming Law Fair.

Postby mwheatley » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:31 pm

My undergraduate school is holding a law fair next week. I have about 15 schools that I am interested in and about 10 of those schools will be attending. My goal is to obtain fee waivers from as many of those schools as I can. I do not have my LSAT score yet since I just took it on the 9th and my GPA is less than stellar, 3.09. What is the most effective way to obtain a fee waiver while not coming across as begging or needy?

Also, what types of questions do you guys ask law schools when deciding if you should apply or not?

txsunshine

Re: Upcoming Law Fair.

Postby txsunshine » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:03 pm

Show your interest, have questions ready to ask. If you get into a decent conversation with one of the representatives, they may surprise you with an offer for a waiver. If it's not offered, bring it up at the end of your conversation.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Straight up ask, I was only turned down in one such instance, and it was a school with a strict no-waiver policy imposed by state law.

Postby 2014 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:40 pm

If they have them there they will be perfectly willing to give them to interested applicants, there is no harm in asking. Many of the schools might only use CRS though.

anstud06

Postby anstud06 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:43 pm

This is what you do - ask "Do you give fee waivers for candidates with high LSAT scores?" If you're sure you have a score they want, tell them. I've had admissions officers give out their business card, write fee waiver on the back and sign. You then send in that business card as the fee waiver.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”