How should I decide which shool to attend? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
masterthearts

Bronze

How should I decide which shool to attend?

Post by masterthearts » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Should I just take the school that ultimately accepts me which has the highest rank in US News? That is what I am leaning towards doing. Any other ideas?

Grizz

Diamond

Re: How should I decide which shool to attend?

Post by Grizz » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:59 pm

masterthearts wrote:Should I just take the school that ultimately accepts me which has the highest rank in US News? That is what I am leaning towards doing. Any other ideas?
If you're talking about the top 10 or so schools, this is credited advice. Otherwise, go to the best school in the region you want to practice. Also, money comes into this too. This question is waaaay too broad.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:02 pm

rad law wrote:
masterthearts wrote:Should I just take the school that ultimately accepts me which has the highest rank in US News? That is what I am leaning towards doing. Any other ideas?
If you're talking about the top 10 or so schools, this is credited advice. Otherwise, go to the best school in the region you want to practice. Also, money comes into this too. This question is waaaay too broad.
Credited. The whole "go to the best school" thing is really simple-minded advice. Sometime it is credited, but usually it is not. Region + money should be the two most important factors for you, unless you can get into one of the truly elite, national schools.

wrdoftdyretrograde

New

Post by wrdoftdyretrograde » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:03 pm

rad law wrote:

policestate1234

New

Post by policestate1234 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:09 pm

Is this flame? Outside of the t-14 schools, you have a lot of different factors that come into play - debt levels, area where you want to practice, and family obligations.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:10 pm

Ask TLS. I'm pretty serious about this.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:14 pm

policestate1234 wrote:
Is this flame? Outside of the t-14 schools, you have a lot of different factors that come into play - debt levels, area where you want to practice, and family obligations.
Even in the T14 those concerns come in. It's more regional than people realize, and a T14 may not be worth sticker if you've got tons of money elsewhere.

policestate1234

New

Post by policestate1234 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:17 pm

rad law wrote:
policestate1234 wrote:
Even in the T14 those concerns come in. It's more regional than people realize, and a T14 may not be worth sticker if you've got tons of money elsewhere.
brah you just blew my mind....t-14 not worth sticker if I got a shitload of money somewhere else...please tell me more.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:19 pm

policestate1234 wrote:
rad law wrote:
policestate1234 wrote:
brah you just blew my mind....t-14 not worth sticker if I got a shitload of money somewhere else...please tell me more.
Reread your post, then explain to me how it was not ambiguous.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:21 pm

rad law wrote:
policestate1234 wrote:
rad law wrote:
policestate1234 wrote: Is this flame? Outside of the t-14 schools, you have a lot of different factors that come into play - debt levels, area where you want to practice, and family obligations.
Reread your post, then explain to me how it was not ambiguous.
:? What is the dealio here?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”