Low GPA (2.5) High Lsat 178

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
LogicGamez

Re: Low GPA (2.5) High Lsat 178

Postby LogicGamez » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:23 am

idiotsgod wrote:I have a LSAT of 178. The classes varied from judical process to study if discrimination on Criminal Justice. All the teachers but one have a law degree, 2 were state courts judges prior to teaching. Most were general taught classes, but one was taught in a case law sense for about 3/4 of the semester. And like they mentioned debt can be a big reason to try harder, and its a chance for me to do something productive with my life since I sort of "floated" through college. A couple of you advised to take a couple years off before applying. That's not as easy as it sounds, I would take an outside T14 school instead of taking 2 years off. Also we the second in line for UVA law school admissions at our school today. I spoke to him after the meeting and he said thought I would have decent shot there with bc of my LSAT. Also, i'm Retaking the LSAT in December. I though it was farily easy the first time and I think I have a shot at bumping it to a 179 or possible the magical 180.

Aww your flame was good until you added that last line. :cry:

idiotsgod

Postby idiotsgod » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Hey I know you guys hated on me for trying to retake the LSAT to bump my score but i did... I just got my December results back yesterday and i know have a 179 and I finished the semester strong so I'm sitting at more or less 2.6 GPA. I don't think NW is an option because I do lack work experience. Are there any other schools that are more forgiving of a low GPA without work experience?

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:57 pm

idiotsgod wrote:Hey I know you guys hated on me for trying to retake the LSAT to bump my score but i did... I just got my December results back yesterday and i know have a 179 and I finished the semester strong so I'm sitting at more or less 2.6 GPA. I don't think NW is an option because I do lack work experience. Are there any other schools that are more forgiving of a low GPA without work experience?

Enjoy MinnesoTTTA with 16K/year?

I'd go get a job for a couple of years. Clearly your GPA shows you aren't ready to roll right now anyway.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”