Phoenix School of Law vs U of A vs ASU Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
thedive

Bronze

Re: Phoenix School of Law vs U of A vs ASU

Post by thedive » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:08 am

Everytime I see Phoenix Law I just think of all the explaining to others after graduation that it is not the same University of Phoenix online diploma mill. On second thought...

TheFactor

Silver

Post by TheFactor » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:24 am

BMWonFire wrote:Now that I see from your profile that you're attending Penn, which is a "good" school, but not HARVARD as your smugness would imply, I can tell you this, having vast familiarity with PA's legal market, as well as the east coast legal market. Read my words very carefully Veyron. IF YOU DO NOT GRADUATE IN THE TOP 10% OF YOUR CLASS, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED BY ANY NOTEWORTHY FIRM, PERIOD. You are not attending a marquee school, no matter what you have been led to believe
you crazy bro?

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:40 am

It took him five months to write that thing...

BMWonFire

New

Post by BMWonFire » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:22 pm

You mad bro?[/quote]

Veyron,

Is that the best you can do? Don't disappoint your fans. You're going to PENN State. Come on, you can do better than that. Maybe use some of the material your peer network friends have used for your inspiration.

You're such a big talker, where are your words now Veyron? Trying to figure out just how the hell you're going to make it, after graduating from PENN State? LOL. I'd be in your boat too!

BMWonFire

New

Post by BMWonFire » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:23 pm

blurbz wrote:It took him five months to write that thing...
More like 20 mins. I had some time to kill :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Alex-Trof

Silver

Post by Alex-Trof » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:26 pm

BMWonFire wrote:
Veyron,

Is that the best you can do? Don't disappoint your fans. You're going to PENN State. Come on, you can do better than that. Maybe use some of the material your peer network friends have used for your inspiration.

You're such a big talker, where are your words now Veyron? Trying to figure out just how the hell you're going to make it, after graduating from PENN State? LOL. I'd be in your boat too!
He is going to University of Pennsylvania not Penn State. University of Pennsylvania is one of top 10 law schools in the country with a very solid (even in this economy) Big Law prospects. Just FYI.

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:53 pm

BMWonFire wrote:
Veyron,

I give this troll a 3/5. Mildly provocative, but lacking in creativity and substance, and we've all heard the Penn State jokes rehashed a million times before. It was a decent first-effort, but we're gonna need much more from you if you want us to continue paying attention.

Edit: HOL-Y SHIT, did not see his first post in this thread. With that in mind, I'm gonna bump up my troll rating to 3.5/5. That was fairly impressive. Keep it up, kiddo, and maybe someday you'll earn your stripes.
Last edited by beachbum on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FlightoftheEarls

Silver

Post by FlightoftheEarls » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:54 pm

ITT: BMWonFire sells a house; lectures Veyron on legal careers with an disconcertingly tenuous grasp on the legal market; reveals himself as bad flame with stupid Penn State joke.

Lame.

frijoles99

New

Post by frijoles99 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:52 am

In all fairness bmwonfire where is your evidence that they are firing t14 grads in droves and retaining usd/phoenix law/western college grads instead? I'd like to know. Mainly because I'd like to see the evidence.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:58 am

frijoles99 wrote:In all fairness bmwonfire where is your evidence that they are firing t14 grads in droves and retaining usd/phoenix law/western college grads instead? I'd like to know. Mainly because I'd like to see the evidence.
While this discussion has been incredibly entertaining, why would you restart it after 4 days? bmwonfire is clearly a lunatic. genius. I withdrew from ASU last week and will be attending Phoenix SOL.

Fred_McGriff

Bronze

Post by Fred_McGriff » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:04 am

Capitol A wrote:
frijoles99 wrote:In all fairness bmwonfire where is your evidence that they are firing t14 grads in droves and retaining usd/phoenix law/western college grads instead? I'd like to know. Mainly because I'd like to see the evidence.
While this discussion has been incredibly entertaining, why would you restart it after 4 days? bmwonfire is clearly a lunatic. genius. I withdrew from ASU last week and will be attending Phoenix SOL.
You did the right thing.

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:16 am

Fred_McGriff wrote:
Capitol A wrote:
You did the right thing.
Thanks. Yeah, I was excited about being a Sun Devil, but after reading all the good info ITT, I am super stoked to be SOL.

RockyIII

Bronze

Post by RockyIII » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:53 pm

Their mascot is just a pile of ashes

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ColomboHeat

New

Post by ColomboHeat » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:03 pm

Phoenix SOL sent me an email stating that, if I do not pay a seat deposit by April 1st, I will run the risk of losing my scholarship offer. I sent a reply inquiring why the deposit deadline was so early, and I indicated that I would rather take the opportunity to attend some of the prospective student events being put on by other schools.

Long story short:

I asked a few routine questions about their program... and never received any response LOL. This is the same school that also tried to rush me into applying to their new Spring starting class (with no scholarship offer) so they could get paid ASAP. I live in the city, so I took my LSAT at the Phoenix SOL campus. I thought they had a nice building, elevator, bathrooms etc., but that was about it. Their admissions department seemingly behaves just like University of Phoenix does and is only interested in one thing.

Fred_McGriff

Bronze

Post by Fred_McGriff » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:23 pm

ColomboHeat wrote: I thought they had a nice building, elevator, bathrooms etc.
Yet another reason the USNWR rankings are bullshit. There is no weight given to elevators or bathrooms, don't even get me started on the etc.

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:45 pm

Fred_McGriff wrote:
Yet another reason the USNWR rankings are bullshit. There is no weight given to elevators or bathrooms, don't even get me started on the etc.
I have to stop reading this thread while at work. I just laughed out loud in the middle of the hospital.

WVUguy11

Bronze

Post by WVUguy11 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Winning.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PatientCreation

New

Post by PatientCreation » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:59 pm

Capitol A wrote:
Fred_McGriff wrote:
I have to stop reading this thread while at work. I just laughed out loud in the middle of the hospital.
+1
Ditto, but in my cubicle.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”