170, Chinese, foreign UG, PHD (expected) in Chem Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
alanbfish

New

170, Chinese, foreign UG, PHD (expected) in Chem

Post by alanbfish » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:26 pm

deleted
Last edited by alanbfish on Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AreJay711

Gold

Re: 170, Chinese, foreign UG, PHD (expected) in Chem

Post by AreJay711 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:25 pm

I'm gona go on a limb and say you are pretty set (kind of confused how 85/100 = a 4.0 though). The PhD is going to make schools eyes light up thinking about academic placement. Talk about that in your personal statement and I think you will get money even at places where your lsat is a little low to get money from. Of course, if you don't want to take a risk, or really need money, an ED to George Washington would be a good bet - I'm sure they would be siced to place more people academically / high profile IP.

alanbfish

New

Post by alanbfish » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:38 pm

Thanks AreJay, 85/100 is the cut off for A in my school, with the GPA of 4.0
It is reflected on my transcript in LSAC account, but LSAC didn't convert my score to GPA, just showed a point average and an overall evaluation. My grade point average was 83.96, so I guess it should be around 3.7 when converted to GPA.
AreJay711 wrote:I'm gona go on a limb and say you are pretty set (kind of confused how 85/100 = a 4.0 though). The PhD is going to make schools eyes light up thinking about academic placement. Talk about that in your personal statement and I think you will get money even at places where your lsat is a little low to get money from. Of course, if you don't want to take a risk, or really need money, an ED to George Washington would be a good bet - I'm sure they would be siced to place more people academically / high profile IP.

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:10 am

alanbfish wrote:Thanks AreJay, 85/100 is the cut off for A in my school, with the GPA of 4.0
It is reflected on my transcript in LSAC account, but LSAC didn't convert my score to GPA, just showed a point average and an overall evaluation. My grade point average was 83.96, so I guess it should be around 3.7 when converted to GPA.
AreJay711 wrote:I'm gona go on a limb and say you are pretty set (kind of confused how 85/100 = a 4.0 though). The PhD is going to make schools eyes light up thinking about academic placement. Talk about that in your personal statement and I think you will get money even at places where your lsat is a little low to get money from. Of course, if you don't want to take a risk, or really need money, an ED to George Washington would be a good bet - I'm sure they would be siced to place more people academically / high profile IP.
LSAC doesn't convert foreign GPAs to numerical equivalents, they have a grade system. If I remember correctly "Superior" was the highest designation.

Cromartie

Bronze

Post by Cromartie » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:46 pm

bdubs wrote:
alanbfish wrote:Thanks AreJay, 85/100 is the cut off for A in my school, with the GPA of 4.0
LSAC doesn't convert foreign GPAs to numerical equivalents, they have a grade system. If I remember correctly "Superior" was the highest designation.
Not entirely true. They converted my 3.86 to 1.16/1.00 and provided a table for comparing the grading scale to the US equivalent, i.e., 1.00 = 98-100 = A, 1.25 = 95-97 = A-, etc. The "Superior" pertains to their assessment of the "Quality of academic record".

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”