October LSAT 2010 or Waiting until Dec

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
k24ginia
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:17 pm

October LSAT 2010 or Waiting until Dec

Postby k24ginia » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:54 am

So, I am signed up for the October 2010 LSAT- and I've been averaging a 162-165 on the LSAT. This is not the 170 plus range I set out to achieve over 1.5 month ago.

So, I am deciding if I should wait until the Dec. test, and submit my applications when I could be confident in achieving over a 170 with some more time.

First, I have a solid GPA 3.9 with Honors/summa cum luade, etc. I was a double major in Management and Psychology with Spanish minor/I also speak 3 languages (Chinese, Spanish, English). In addition, I was the President of my Student Body and hold various leadership awards, etc. Whatever you are suppose to do, I did it.

Furthermore, I was an AmeriCorps VISTA member for a year and then I took a consulting job for another year. So, I feel like I have a solid background with education/experience to apply to law school. However, this LSAT score is killing me. I am looking to only go to a top ten law school, and I am wondering what are your thoughts? THANKS!!!

turkeysub
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:48 am

Re: October LSAT 2010 or Waiting until Dec

Postby turkeysub » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:03 am

I am looking to only go to a top ten law school



I've been averaging a 162-165 on the LSAT



Based on this info, wait until December. Get a good score then and worst case is you apply next cycle. Get the score you're averaging now, and top 10 will become extremely difficult.

k24ginia
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: October LSAT 2010 or Waiting until Dec

Postby k24ginia » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:19 am

Yes, this is what I was thinking. What about taking it in October (knowing I will score in the 160s and apply- but retaking the test in Dec?). However, I do notice that there are some individuals that can get into like Penn with a 165. Since I have great work experience, recommendations, research/awards, and GPA etc., I was hoping to bank on this for accepting a lower 25 percentile LSAT.

I am also not willing to wait another cycle since I would be 3 years out of school by then.

Do law schools review or hold your place if you apply, but tell them you are retaking the test in Dec.?

JustBelieve
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: October LSAT 2010 or Waiting until Dec

Postby JustBelieve » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:23 pm

I would look at exams. If your college finals are around December (that's how they were with me when I was still in college) it might be best to take the October exam or wait until February (depending on the school).

Do what works for YOU. You'll be fine. Take care.

k24ginia wrote:So, I am signed up for the October 2010 LSAT- and I've been averaging a 162-165 on the LSAT. This is not the 170 plus range I set out to achieve over 1.5 month ago.

So, I am deciding if I should wait until the Dec. test, and submit my applications when I could be confident in achieving over a 170 with some more time.

First, I have a solid GPA 3.9 with Honors/summa cum luade, etc. I was a double major in Management and Psychology with Spanish minor/I also speak 3 languages (Chinese, Spanish, English). In addition, I was the President of my Student Body and hold various leadership awards, etc. Whatever you are suppose to do, I did it.

Furthermore, I was an AmeriCorps VISTA member for a year and then I took a consulting job for another year. So, I feel like I have a solid background with education/experience to apply to law school. However, this LSAT score is killing me. I am looking to only go to a top ten law school, and I am wondering what are your thoughts? THANKS!!!




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: getty, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests