UC Hastings -- anyone knowledgeable out there

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

UC Hastings -- anyone knowledgeable out there

Postby Rory1987 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:52 am

about the school? What can you tell me? How are job prospects nowadays? Salary info? Atmosphere? Student body? Is it worth attending ITE? How is its rep in NorCal?

Re: UC Hastings -- anyone knowledgeable out there

Postby Borhas » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:25 am

I'm a 1L at Hastings

Atmosphere and student body- I was very pleasantly surprised to find out that the students are a very down to earth and fun. I've made a lot of friends very quickly and there is always some social thing that the school sponsors (w/ money). So overall I'd say congenial. It's helpful that the school brings 4 kegs to school every other Thursday and gives out beer for free. The Tenderloin still is kind of a crappy area, but it's cheap, and I've walked there late at night at least 2 or 3 times a week and have never had a problem. (though one student had a cell phone stolen and another was robbed by some teenagers).

Also, SF is great

worth attending? If you want public interest or government then definitely. If not then yes if you are in-state and want to work in CA as an attorney. This depends on your financial aid, how much you want to be an attorney, and what other opportunities you have, and where you want to work.

Rep in NorCal? Excellent

Jobs, $- still not great as far as I know. I think OCI was still pretty bad for the 2L's, but as a 1L I don't know much about it. My guess is that it'll be better next year simply because the law employment is starting to pick up again and because the 1L class is about 100 students smaller than the 2L class so there will be fewer UCH students competing for [hopefully] more spots.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”