Best Value Law School 2011 Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
NU_Jet55

Silver

Re: Best Value Law School 2011

Post by NU_Jet55 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:59 am

TT09 wrote:U of H is a top value. I don't understand how someone doesn't realize that. We're not talking about national placement here. We're talking about bang for your buck. U of H offers this thanks to their very low tuition and good job prospects in and around the state, most notably in Houston (definition of mediocrity just epitomizes you as someone who screams, "I THINK I'M BETTER THAN EVERYBODYYYY!!!! Might want to lose that attitude before you hit the real world, big guy. Just sayin').
I don't think I'm better than you; I don't even know you. This has nothing to do whatsoever with the fact that you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Just sayin'.

TT09

Bronze

Post by TT09 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:04 am

NU_Jet55 wrote:
TT09 wrote:U of H is a top value. I don't understand how someone doesn't realize that. We're not talking about national placement here. We're talking about bang for your buck. U of H offers this thanks to their very low tuition and good job prospects in and around the state, most notably in Houston (definition of mediocrity just epitomizes you as someone who screams, "I THINK I'M BETTER THAN EVERYBODYYYY!!!! Might want to lose that attitude before you hit the real world, big guy. Just sayin').
I don't think I'm better than you; I don't even know you. This has nothing to do whatsoever with the fact that you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Just sayin'.

Why? Because you said so? What a joke.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:08 am

$26K with very little scholarship money for a school outside the top 50 is not a "top value".

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:14 am

TT09 wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:

That's exactly why. Because I said so. Yep. Not because we're in the middle of the worst legal economy since the great depression and the massively huge influx of TTT Law into the job market have worsened the situation to the point that the far and away most important words on your resume are those that follow "J.D., University of." Also, it's not because UH's reputation is putrid-just putrid-in the legal community when compared with that of UT. Also, it's not because there is no comparison whatsoever between UT's and UH's NLJ250 numbers. Also, it's not because there is no comparison whatsoever between UH and UT in clerkships. I could go on. But, you're right. It's not because of any of those things. It's because I said so.

TT09

Bronze

Post by TT09 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:16 am

NU_Jet55 wrote:
TT09 wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:

That's exactly why. Because I said so. Yep. Not because we're in the middle of the worst legal economy since the great depression and the massively huge influx of TTT Law into the job market have worsened the situation to the point that the far and away most important words on your resume are those that follow "J.D., University of." Also, it's not because UH's reputation is putrid-just putrid-in the legal community when compared with that of UT. Also, it's not because there is no comparison whatsoever between UT's and UH's NLJ250 numbers. Also, it's not because there is no comparison whatsoever between UH and UT in clerkships. I could go on. But, you're right. It's not because of any of those things. It's because I said so.
Source, please?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Always Credited

Gold

Post by Always Credited » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:22 am

yall homiez be gettin trolled up

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:28 am

Always Credited wrote:yall homiez be gettin trolled up
Credited.

CGI Fridays

Silver

Post by CGI Fridays » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:25 pm

kalvano wrote:Aside from that, the list is blatantly stupid and misleading.
Agreed.
kalvano wrote:It appears to be based on tuition alone without factoring in opportunities after.
To be fair, it counts three factors: Bar Passage; Tuition; Employment Rates.

It's two most hilarious shortcomings are that tuition doesn't appear to consider schollies (as you point out in this thread), and employment is yes or no. Period. They only look at % grads employed...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”