ED or not ED

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Sentry

ED or not ED

Postby Sentry » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:24 pm

Since I got my LSAT back I've been planning on EDing to one of CCN. Lately though I've been thinking a lot about debt. Would you recommend sticker at CCN or 45-60k at one of MVPDN?

Richie Tenenbaum

Re: ED or not ED

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:30 pm

Sentry wrote:Since I got my LSAT back I've been planning on EDing to one of CCN. Lately though I've been thinking a lot about debt. Would you recommend sticker at CCN or 45-60k at one of MVPDN?

I would prefer the money.

Your situation might be difficult though since it's possible you get no money AND don't get CCN.

plenipotentiary

Re: ED or not ED

Postby plenipotentiary » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:08 pm

To be sure, $45k is nothing to sneeze at. But I don't think there's that much difference between being $155k in debt and being $200k in debt. Either way, you need a job that pays mucho dinero. With that in mind, I would probably go for the school with the best employment prospects. That said, I also don't think there's a huge difference in employment prospects from, say, NYU and Penn (I could be totally wrong about that, though). It's kind of a wash.

As someone with similar numbers, I think that you're hardly guaranteed an acceptance to MVP, much less money there. It sounds like you would be unhappy paying sticker at MVP, so I think it makes sense to ED to a law school where you can stomach the price tag.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”