Wash U, GW or Fordham?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which School?

Wash U
23%
GW
56%
Fordham
21%

Total votes: 61

Grizz

Re: Wash U, GW or Fordham?

Postby Grizz » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:15 pm

romothesavior wrote:
KMaine wrote:I think/hope poster was trying to be funny.

I kinda wondered that too.

They were not obvious enough considering that there are a million 0Ls like that on here.

thegor1987

Postby thegor1987 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:30 pm

rad law wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
KMaine wrote:I think/hope poster was trying to be funny.

I kinda wondered that too.

They were not obvious enough considering that there are a million 0Ls like that on here.

yes I was being sarcastic, it is easy to poke fun at someone like OP. But I think we all can get a little too excited and start to fantasize about actually getting in where our numbers dictate. It's all going to end in one of two ways though for the OP, great excitement, or traumatizing and complete demoralization of failure and rejection, followed by giving up completely due to a loss of self confidence in the ability to get into any law school. Followed by McDonald's employment, moving back into parents house, and nightly solo bong sessions watching old episodes of law and order.

anyuta

Postby anyuta » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:18 am

I LOVE TO SPAM!

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:27 pm

Keep in mind that your COL in St. Louis could be very significantly lower than in DC or NY. Literally you could save almost $10K per year. That stuff adds up.

I live in St. Louis and pay $550/month for a fairly large studio with my own patio and a community pool (only open during the summer of course). I also live in a pretty cool, lively neighborhood with lots of young people.

I can't imagine what living like this would cost in NYC or DC. Plus, drinks are much, much cheaper here.

That being said, WUSTL's national placement has been weakened a bit ITE. But so has everyone's outside the T14. So I'd go to school in the region you want to practice.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:53 pm

JCougar wrote:I can't imagine what living like this would cost in NYC or DC. Plus, drinks are much, much cheaper here.

This is key.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:14 pm

JCougar wrote:That being said, WUSTL's national placement has been weakened a bit ITE. But so has everyone's outside the T14.

unnecessary qualifier

oshberg28

Postby oshberg28 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:05 pm

JCougar wrote:Keep in mind that your COL in St. Louis could be very significantly lower than in DC or NY. Literally you could save almost $10K per year. That stuff adds up.

I live in St. Louis and pay $550/month for a fairly large studio with my own patio and a community pool (only open during the summer of course). I also live in a pretty cool, lively neighborhood with lots of young people.

I can't imagine what living like this would cost in NYC or DC. Plus, drinks are much, much cheaper here.

That being said, WUSTL's national placement has been weakened a bit ITE. But so has everyone's outside the T14. So I'd go to school in the region you want to practice.

At least $1300 in D.C. per month.

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:36 pm

sundance95 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
MrAnon wrote:All things equal choose GW. If you choose Wash U you really pigeon hole yourself into working in St. Louis or Washington State. If you think that's bad, most New Yorkers think Fordham is in the Bronx. GW has national cachet since he was neither Republican nor Democrat and since he was both Southerner and the consumate nationalist statesman.

I would base my selection on the type of campus you like. Or if you don't like campuses at all choose Fordham.

:?:

Clearly flame, as Fordham is, in fact, in the Bronx. And the claim that GW has a campus.

Fordham has multiple campuses. The main UG campus is in the Bronx. The Law School is at the Lincoln Center Campus. NYC Lawyers know where the law school is; many other NYers assume anything Fordham is in the Bronx unless they're Fordham alumni or season ticket holders for the opera/ballet/symphony.

yepyep

Postby yepyep » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:37 pm

sundance95 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
MrAnon wrote:All things equal choose GW. If you choose Wash U you really pigeon hole yourself into working in St. Louis or Washington State. If you think that's bad, most New Yorkers think Fordham is in the Bronx. GW has national cachet since he was neither Republican nor Democrat and since he was both Southerner and the consumate nationalist statesman.

I would base my selection on the type of campus you like. Or if you don't like campuses at all choose Fordham.

:?:

Clearly flame, as Fordham is, in fact, in the Bronx. And the claim that GW has a campus.

law school isn't though, just undergrad

Return to “Choosing a Law School”