Cultural heritage law

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Courts009

Cultural heritage law

Postby Courts009 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:21 pm

I am an anthropology major and an interested in working with that as a specialty after graduation from law school. But I've had trouble finding information on it. Is there a certain school that is better than another for this field? Cultural heritage, cultural resources, cultural property. I'd be interested in working as a lawyer in a museum, with a private archaeological firm or something. I understand that typically you should go to the best school you can get into. I'm thinking of doing a MA in anthrpology at the same time but I'd at least like to have some law classes related to this specialty as well. Is any one else interested in this? Or heard anything? Thanks.

TTH

Re: Cultural heritage law

Postby TTH » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:05 pm

No law school is going to have any sort of specialty track in this. My recommendation is go to an NY or DC school and network into the museum communities there. Past that, go to a law school that has a super strong anthropology program and network with the faculty.

nealric

Postby nealric » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:34 am

At best, you are going to find one class on the topic. This is not really an area of law you can just decide to get into ex-ante unless you are independently wealthy and can just take cases for free. There are only a tiny handful of lawyers in the entire world that really make a career out of that type of stuff.

Don't go to law school if that's all you want to do. If you would be happy doing something else, go prestigious, go cheap, or go home.

riccardo426

Postby riccardo426 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:41 am

. . . .
Last edited by riccardo426 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

nealric

Postby nealric » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Go to DePaul. http://www.law.depaul.edu/faculty_staff ... .asp?id=16

--ImageRemoved--

Return to “Choosing a Law School”