Anti-Cardozo Sentiment

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
slapshot01j

Anti-Cardozo Sentiment

Postby slapshot01j » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:40 pm

No, I'm not a C admissions officer. Just curious:
St Johns Law tuition: $42,200 for full time.
Hofstra Law tuition: $43,034.00 for full time.
NY Law tuition: $44,860
Brooklyn Law tuition: $46,224

All of these schools are ranked below Cardozo on US News. Yes, Cardozo is a few K more expensive, but it's not like we're talking CUNY prices vs. NYU (undergrad.) They're all expensive! They're all unlikely to land you a biglaw job in NYC! Debt for (almost) everyone! Are Cardozo students just generally arrogant or something? (Cuz numbers wise, I just don't get it.)

bk1

Re: Anti-Cardozo Sentiment

Postby bk1 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:50 pm

They all suck. NYLS more than the rest. What do you want from us?

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:52 pm

bk1 wrote:They all suck. NYLS more than the rest. What do you want from us?

St.Remy

Postby St.Remy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:24 am

slapshot01j wrote:All of these schools are ranked below Cardozo on US News. Yes, Cardozo is a few K more expensive, but it's not like we're talking CUNY prices vs. NYU (undergrad.) They're all expensive! They're all unlikely to land you a biglaw job in NYC! Debt for (almost) everyone! Are Cardozo students just generally arrogant or something? (Cuz numbers wise, I just don't get it.)

I would say that Cardozo gets the most hate from tls because it is the cutoff for NYC schools that give bad job prospects. If you go to one of the NYC schools ranked above it you have a decent shot at landing something in New York, but at Cardozo and below you are going to be in trouble unless you are top 5-10%. Thus Cardozo is the NYC school that most seems like a good option even when it isn't, a situation for which it gets criticized more so than the lower ranking NYC schools (which even uninformed people who have glanced at the rankings can see are not really a viable option).

Return to “Choosing a Law School”