Avoid Roger Williams Law at all costs!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
marsrover

Avoid Roger Williams Law at all costs!

Postby marsrover » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:51 pm

Do you want to go to law school? Are you sure? Did you score poorly on the LSAT? Do you have no other choice? Is Roger Williams School of Law the only law school that accepted you? Is it the only school offering you a scholarship????

Getting a scholarship from a bad school is NOT a good reason to choose to attend Roger Williams. It is a horrible choice. Not only will you regret ever wanting to go to law school, but you will also begin to hate yourself. But, once you get out, you'll feel MUCH BETTER immediately.

Schools like RWU will NOT TEACH YOU ANYTHING!!!!! All they care about is giving out fake scholarships to get you to attend their crappy school, which in reality you won't end up using, because you will quit before you even start. The teachers rely on the students to do EVERYTHING, because quite honestly, the law professors at RWU just DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! If you were to ask them a question, they would reply, "I'll explain it shortly..." BUT THEY WILL NEVER EXPLAIN IT!!!! They only promise, but NEVER deliver. Or, they use the classic model of stupidity, where they obviously don't know the answer to a legal question, so they just say, "Well, what do you think?" Oh, c'mon!!! BS!!!! How can I "think" what the law says? There is nothing in the casebook to explain it further. Shouldn't the professor be teaching what can't be found in the casebooks!!!! Give me a break!!! How stupid can they get???? Law school is not like a humanities class, where your interpretation of a certain concept is what is needed. No, law school is law school. It's as objective as it gets. The Bar is an objective test. There are mutiple choice questions on the exam, and NOT "so what do you think should be the answer" type of questions!

Also, students attending Roger Williams will NEVER FIND A JOB, even if they pass the Bar. None of the law firms are interested in students who have attended a bottom-feeder school. There is already a superfluous amount of competition amongst the students at quality schools. Why would some company, especially a big corporation, hire someone who attended a school like RWU???????? Maybe to become the janitors!!! That's right, with a degree from a school like RWU, you can kiss your future good-bye. It's the stupidest mistake anyone can make!
The students at RWU are really stupid too! It's no wonder that they are stuck in the WORST SCHOOL IN AMERICA. Yup, they don't understand anything. And those who think they do, they have BIG ISSUES WITH THEMSELVES. They hate themselves SO MUCH that they will try to rub it off on you. DON'T GO TO A SCHOOL LIKE RWU WITH A BUNCH OF LOSERS! YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO FORGIVE YOURSELF. THE STUDENTS AND PROFESSORS ARE FULL OF COMPLEXES THAT YOU WILL COME OUT OF CLASS THINKING, "DID I JUST TAKE A GLIMPSE OF HELL?!?!?!"

The students are such losers that they rely on stealing the "smartest" student's notes. That's right. They will try to steal his/her notes. And if they are unsuccessful, they will come up with lies to get the smart student kicked out. So, if you don't have the money for law school and are relying on the stupid scholarship that RWU if offering to you, DON'T TAKE IT!! You will be really sorry if you do!!!!

So, who am I? Why should you listen to me? I am an alumni from RWU who graduated 5 years ago, but still hasn't found a job. I graduated in the top 5%, but look where I am right now. NO WHERE! I haven't been able to find a job. I relied on RWU's false promises. They promise the same lies to EVERY NEW STUDENT, EVERY YEAR, but at the end, IT WILL NEVER BE A REPUTABLE SCHOOL. You will see. Don't buy their lies. You will be kicking yourself in the stomach if you ever pass the Bar. YOU WILL BE JOBLESS FOREVER.
So, what do I suggest you do? If you scored poorly on the LSAT, maybe it's time for you to take life more seriously. You have three months till the next LSAT. GO STUDY FOR IT!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??????? That means, take another year off, but STUDY YOUR BUTT OFF!!!!!!!!! You'll be better off at ANY other law school. You don't need RWU's financial aid. That's just an excuse to get you to attend their crappy school. Once in, you're gonna want to get out for good. So, don't buy their crappy lies. The faculty and staff are full of BS.

Good luck!!!!

Re: Avoid Roger Williams Law at all costs!

Postby 12262010 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:56 pm

you mad?

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:03 pm

Thanks for enlightening us all.

lawschoollll

Postby lawschoollll » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:05 pm

booyakasha wrote:you mad?

he mad

Postby 09042014 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:07 pm

marsrover wrote: Or, they use the classic model of stupidity, where they obviously don't know the answer to a legal question, so they just say, "Well, what do you think?" Oh, c'mon!!! BS!!!! How can I "think" what the law says? There is nothing in the casebook to explain it further. Shouldn't the professor be teaching what can't be found in the casebooks!!!! Give me a break!!! How stupid can they get???? Law school is not like a humanities class, where your interpretation of a certain concept is what is needed. No, law school is law school. It's as objective as it gets. The Bar is an objective test. There are mutiple choice questions on the exam, and NOT "so what do you think should be the answer" type of questions!

Socratic method?

But yea Roger Williams Law sounds like a pirate law school.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:07 pm

BeautifulSW

Postby BeautifulSW » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:16 pm

I don't know anything about Roger Williams Law but I just wanted to take the opportunity to tell dresden doll that her (his?) avatar looks EXACTLY like my last rabbi. The expression is perfect!

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:17 pm

I'm crossing Roger Williams University School of Law off my list.

MTal

Postby MTal » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:20 pm

BeautifulSW wrote:I don't know anything about Roger Williams Law but I just wanted to take the opportunity to tell dresden doll that her (his?) avatar looks EXACTLY like my last rabbi. The expression is perfect!

He must have had a heckuva time performing a bris.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:24 pm

Until I read this thread, I never even knew of Rogers Williams University School of Law in Rhode Island. Is it a good school ?

Zugzwang

Postby Zugzwang » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:26 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Until I read this thread, I never even knew of Rogers Williams University School of Law in Rhode Island. Is it a good school ?

The best one in Rhode Island.

theavrock

Postby theavrock » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:34 pm

IF YOU GO TO RWU. YOU WILL LIVE IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!

Pip

Postby Pip » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:38 am

I think you could replace Roger Williams Law with the name of any law school outside the top 20 and be spot on... too many lawyers out there and too many law schools churning more and more out into a flooded market.

It would be nice if they stopped the madness and the ABA would just pull accreditation from 75% of the school to stop the masses from pissing away thousands of dollars so they can be over trained wal-mart clerks.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:38 pm

Is Roger Williams Law accredited by the American Bar Association?

/bad ATL joke is bad.

charlesjd

Postby charlesjd » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:52 pm

Last edited by charlesjd on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheTopBloke

Postby TheTopBloke » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:53 pm

Yes, it's ABA accredited.

TheTopBloke

Postby TheTopBloke » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:53 pm

charlesjd wrote:
Pip wrote:I think you could replace Roger Williams Law with the name of any law school outside the top 20 and be spot on... too many lawyers out there and too many law schools churning more and more out into a flooded market.

It would be nice if they stopped the madness and the ABA would just pull accreditation from 75% of the school to stop the masses from pissing away thousands of dollars so they can be over trained wal-mart clerks.

top 14. even schools 15-20 are jokes.

You're a joke.

yepyep

Postby yepyep » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:28 am

Pip wrote:I think you could replace Roger Williams Law with the name of any law school outside the top 20 and be spot on... too many lawyers out there and too many law schools churning more and more out into a flooded market.

RWU sucks, but this statement is ridiculous. BC, Fordham, William and Mary. Yeah, they're all interchangeable with Roger f%$cking williams. Get your head out of your ass.

jayn3

Postby jayn3 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:30 am

dresden doll wrote:Thanks for enlightening us all.

Pip

Postby Pip » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:37 pm

yepyep wrote:

RWU sucks, but this statement is ridiculous. BC, Fordham, William and Mary. Yeah, they're all interchangeable with Roger f%$cking williams. Get your head out of your ass.

Sounds like you didn't get into a good school... revisit your comment when you start trying to find a job and realize you could have been making French fries at McDonald's without having to get a JD.

lawandi

Postby lawandi » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:02 pm

yepyep wrote:

Thank you. If someone else didn't say it, I was definitely going to. Just b/c this is TLS doesn't mean you have to be an ass and put everyone down just to give your lame life some meaning.

There are many law schools outside of the T20 and T14 that will lead to great employment opportunities.

bostonlawchick

Postby bostonlawchick » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:21 pm

As a resident, I'm really not sure why anyone would willingly give up that much money to live in Rhode Island for three years. You can't get a job working at a gas station here, let alone being a lawyer. When I tell someone local that I'm applying to law school, they ask if I'm going there, and I have to try really hard not to laugh.

One of the guys running for attorney general had "Roger Williams Law Grad" on his brochure... :roll:

judgeholden

Postby judgeholden » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:09 pm

lawandi wrote:
yepyep wrote:

Thank you. If someone else didn't say it, I was definitely going to. Just b/c this is TLS doesn't mean you have to be an ass and put everyone down just to give your lame life some meaning.

There are many law schools outside of the T20 and T14 that will lead to great employment opportunities.

In theory any school can lead to great employment opportunities.
But after T14 you're really kind of taking a $150k gamble.

Of course, most people don't like to admit that until they're 6 months past graduation and unemployed, but the reality eventually hits a large percentage of non-T14 students.

As an aside, the OP did mostly describe the socratic method. And what you think the law says can be almost as important as what it says. The attorneys with the good jobs spend their time convincing others that what they think the law says is what it actually says.
Of course, that's what, maybe 2% of attorneys? Likely even less.

Zugzwang

Postby Zugzwang » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:11 pm

judgeholden wrote:The attorneys with the good jobs spend their time convincing others that what they think the law says is what it actually says.

Laughable statement.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:14 pm

judgeholden wrote:In theory any school can lead to great employment opportunities.
But after T14 you're really kind of taking a $150k gamble.

Hell I wouldn't pay sticker for schools not called HYSCCN. But that's just me.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”