Yawn, Another Law School

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
digitalcntrl
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:36 pm

Yawn, Another Law School

Postby digitalcntrl » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:03 pm

Mystal says it all:

http://abovethelaw.com/2010/08/umass-la ... -about-it/

Sounds like you will be seeing a bunch of over educated peeps at McDonald's, the local barber, etc. with a 100k debt load in a couple of years.

User avatar
legalease9
Posts: 623
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby legalease9 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:31 pm

I wonder how many law schools will open before supply meets demand...

User avatar
john titor
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby john titor » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:43 pm

supply passed demand long ago chief.

User avatar
Patriot1208
Posts: 7044
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby Patriot1208 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:44 pm

john titor wrote:supply passed demand long ago chief.


sarcasm detector broken?

User avatar
john titor
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby john titor » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:44 pm

looks like it!

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18424
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby bk1 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:51 pm

john titor wrote:supply passed demand long ago chief.


Not supply of class seats to demand for people wanting to be students.

User avatar
john titor
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby john titor » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:53 pm

you said it, brother.

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby Ragged » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:54 pm

Law is a black hole where market forces as we know them don't exist. That is all.

digitalcntrl
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby digitalcntrl » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:10 pm

Ragged wrote:Law is a black hole where market forces as we know them don't exist. That is all.


You can thank Fannie Mae for that. Unrestricted access to credit for education is what drives this problem.

User avatar
legalease9
Posts: 623
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby legalease9 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:19 pm

bk1 wrote:
john titor wrote:supply passed demand long ago chief.


Not supply of class seats to demand for people wanting to be students.


Yes, this is what I meant. School/Student Supply/Demand, not job/graduate

User avatar
zanda
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:36 am

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby zanda » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:48 pm

yes but the 75th percentile is now up to 148!

User avatar
Patriot1208
Posts: 7044
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby Patriot1208 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:52 pm

zanda wrote:yes but the 75th percentile is now up to 148!

This may be the worst part, when 75 percent of your class is under the average for the test, the student body is BAD.

digitalcntrl
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby digitalcntrl » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:07 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
zanda wrote:yes but the 75th percentile is now up to 148!

This may be the worst part, when 75 percent of your class is under the average for the test, the student body is BAD.


But But, they are interested in serving the PUBLIC....

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby ResolutePear » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:09 pm

digitalcntrl wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
zanda wrote:yes but the 75th percentile is now up to 148!

This may be the worst part, when 75 percent of your class is under the average for the test, the student body is BAD.


But But, they are interested in serving the PUBLIC....


Me too, but on the Supreme Court. Not going to happen without Ivy League or very close to it.

Kafka
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:48 am

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby Kafka » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:51 pm

I wish Princeton opened up a law school.

User avatar
john titor
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby john titor » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:53 pm

if a culinary school started a law program, people would payborrow 40 grand a year to go there and tell everyone that theyre really passionate about Food Law. shit's a mess right now.

User avatar
MTal
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby MTal » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:55 pm

"...I can't BELIEVE it's a law school!"

wolfpack11
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:41 am

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby wolfpack11 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:31 pm

Does anybody where the hunger-striking, self-promotional, law student went ? It is off topic, but I also saw her story.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby JusticeHarlan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:45 pm

wolfpack11 wrote:Does anybody where the hunger-striking, self-promotional, law student went ? It is off topic, but I also saw her story.

Cooley

http://shillingmesoftly.blogspot.com/20 ... chive.html

http://sbmblog.typepad.com/sbm-blog/201 ... chool.html

GoBroncos22!
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:18 pm

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby GoBroncos22! » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:21 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:
wolfpack11 wrote:Does anybody where the hunger-striking, self-promotional, law student went ? It is off topic, but I also saw her story.

Cooley

http://shillingmesoftly.blogspot.com/20 ... chive.html

http://sbmblog.typepad.com/sbm-blog/201 ... chool.html


I just threw up

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby Ragged » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:52 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:
wolfpack11 wrote:Does anybody where the hunger-striking, self-promotional, law student went ? It is off topic, but I also saw her story.

Cooley

http://shillingmesoftly.blogspot.com/20 ... chive.html


Haha good stuff.... "12 months campaign to get into Cooley, where you can get a scholarship with an LSAT of 149" :lol: :lol:

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: Yawn, Another Law School

Postby 20160810 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:13 pm

That 75th %ile is :shock:




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests