FPLC full ride vs. G-town PT

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
androstan

Re: FPLC full ride vs. G-town PT

Postby androstan » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:36 am

Thanks for everyone's input. My "cold" LSAT PT was 160 back in January. After taking a couple PTs I got it to 163, which is what I got on the Feb administration. I didn't realize how much you could improve it.

I went through the Logic Games Bible and now I'm doing 168 consistently. I'm going to start the LR Bible this weekend and I'm thinking I can get a few more points out of that. Additionally, I'll be drilling logic games (by far weakest section) with the logic games workbook. Hoping to eek a bit more out of that.

So much is going to ride on that LSAT I think. If I can score high enough it may be worth it to ED to GWU as a way of significantly reducing debt but also taking a fairly big name. ITE I am feeling debt-averse.

tesoro

Re: FPLC full ride vs. G-town PT

Postby tesoro » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:40 pm

androstan wrote:Thanks for everyone's input. My "cold" LSAT PT was 160 back in January. After taking a couple PTs I got it to 163, which is what I got on the Feb administration. I didn't realize how much you could improve it.

I went through the Logic Games Bible and now I'm doing 168 consistently. I'm going to start the LR Bible this weekend and I'm thinking I can get a few more points out of that. Additionally, I'll be drilling logic games (by far weakest section) with the logic games workbook. Hoping to eek a bit more out of that.

So much is going to ride on that LSAT I think. If I can score high enough it may be worth it to ED to GWU as a way of significantly reducing debt but also taking a fairly big name. ITE I am feeling debt-averse.

I didn't realize this was a hypothetical. You're right about the importance of the LSAT.

PT admissions have almost overnight become incredibly competitive. Don't apply to GULC or GWU as a part-time student expecting to have lower admissions standards - new USNWR ranking criteria have changed the game completely (forum search if you're unfamiliar). Seats have been reduced substantially (think 50-80 students in most top-notch PT programs, GULC excluded (so far...)). If you want to go to GWU or GULC you must score at least a 168 and preferably a 169 for GWU (assuming your GPA is lower than ~3.65) and 170+ for GULC.

Best of luck.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”