UCLA//USC Chances - 3.1/178

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
R1Law

UCLA//USC Chances - 3.1/178

Postby R1Law » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:51 am

I checked a couple different websites and wasn't really able to get a good gauge of my chances. I have a pretty terrible GPA at 3.1. I scored a 178 on the June LSAT. I have virtually no soft factors since I worked and took a minimum of 18hrs per semester, including 12 the last two summers. I will be starting a volunteer position in the next couple of weeks, not sure if that will help.

So what would you say my odds are for UCLA and USC? I don't care that much about prestige, but want to end up around SoCal. I figure I would have pretty solid chance of acceptance at Pepperdine and ASU.

Thanks in advance! :D

kazu

Re: UCLA//USC Chances - 3.1/178

Postby kazu » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:57 am

First, congrats on that stellar LSAT!

Unfortunately, both schools seem to have a pretty clear GPA floor at 3.3 if you look on LSN... so I'd say the odds are not good :(

What about schools that aren't necessarily in California but have national reach?

R1Law

Postby R1Law » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:02 am

kazu wrote:First, congrats on that stellar LSAT!

Unfortunately, both schools seem to have a pretty clear GPA floor at 3.3 if you look on LSN... so I'd say the odds are not good :(

What about schools that aren't necessarily in California but have national reach?

First off, sorry I posted this in the wrong forum (mods can you move it?). :oops: :D

What schools would you say have a national reach? I was checking out this website, http://www.schoolaah.com/Law.htm, and it seems like most students end up working in the state they graduate from.

kazu

Postby kazu » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:11 am

R1Law wrote:
kazu wrote:First, congrats on that stellar LSAT!

First off, sorry I posted this in the wrong forum (mods can you move it?). :oops: :D

What schools would you say have a national reach? I was checking out this website, http://www.schoolaah.com/Law.htm, and it seems like most students end up working in the state they graduate from.

A lot of that is probably self-selection - just because the students choose to work in the state they graduate doesn't mean that they wouldn't have gotten hired in a different state. :)

Generally it's said that all of T14 has national reach, although the higher up the better. You're an extreme splitter so it'll be really difficult to predict your cycle.. I'd say just blanket all of T20 + a couple of T1 safeties that you'd be happy at.

captainculpepper

Postby captainculpepper » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:25 am

A guy got into UCLA with 2.98 180 ED last year.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Woozy/jd

Return to “Choosing a Law School”