Best for Criminal Law

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
PAR12
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Best for Criminal Law

Postby PAR12 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:44 pm

I originally scored a 161 but retook and received a 170.

I have a 3.51 gpa

I Graduated from USD and would like to stay in California, New York, or Massachusetts.

Which school it my range would have the best criminal law program?

Thank you for any information you can give me.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Best for Criminal Law

Postby Grizz » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:49 pm

Best school you can get into in the region you want to practice. Plus money of course, depending on your financial situation.

User avatar
DaveBear07
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: Best for Criminal Law

Postby DaveBear07 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:50 pm

rad law wrote:Best school you can get into in the region you want to practice. Plus money of course, depending on your financial situation.


The wisdom of TLS has spoken.

User avatar
flyingpanda
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 am

Re: Best for Criminal Law

Postby flyingpanda » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:55 pm

DaveBear07 wrote:
rad law wrote:Best school you can get into in the region you want to practice. Plus money of course, depending on your financial situation.


The wisdom of TLS has spoken.


Or go to a t14?

User avatar
DaveBear07
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: Best for Criminal Law

Postby DaveBear07 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:04 pm

flyingpanda wrote:
DaveBear07 wrote:
rad law wrote:Best school you can get into in the region you want to practice. Plus money of course, depending on your financial situation.


The wisdom of TLS has spoken.


Or go to a t14?


Fortunately for the OP about 10 of the T14 are in his specified regions.

NoJob
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:32 pm

Re: Best for Criminal Law

Postby NoJob » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:07 pm

PAR12 wrote:I originally scored a 161 but retook and received a 170.

I have a 3.51 gpa

I Graduated from USD and would like to stay in California, New York, or Massachusetts.

Which school it my range would have the best criminal law program?

Thank you for any information you can give me.


The cheapest school possible. Duh.

Seriously, criminal law is the same across the board.

FYI, IMO, criminal procedure is the most important law course you can take in this area.

Get some practical experience as soon as possible. As a new lawyer, you wont know anything about practicing law. You need to learn ASAP. You can inadvertently waive rights by failing to object, etc.

You also will have no idea how to draft or argue a Motion for a Bill of Particulars (look it up) or know what a Memorandum of Point and Authorities in Support of the Defendant's Motion to Quash is supposed to look like.
Last edited by NoJob on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hellokitty
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: Best for Criminal Law

Postby hellokitty » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:09 pm

DaveBear07 wrote:
rad law wrote:Best school you can get into in the region you want to practice. Plus money of course, depending on your financial situation.


The wisdom of TLS has spoken.

Exactly. Somehow we manage to ask the same questions over and over again. The answer doesn't change.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests