College Athlete looking for Law Schools

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
SJS24

College Athlete looking for Law Schools

Postby SJS24 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:05 pm

My LSAT is 2 months away, but that doesn't mean im not thinking about where to apply. At the moment, Im most attracted to getting involved in the sports & entertainment arena. Because I'm a college athlete, it figured it would be my best fit. I have a degree in politcal science with a minor in business. Ill have another degree in communications by may, and hopefully a GPA in the 3.5-3.7 area. Im taking a Kaplan course for the LSAT and my confidence grows daily. Im shooting for a 165. To the point, Im from Ky and my top schools are UK, U of L and Cincy. Any ideas on those schools or any others that are geared towards S and E?

asoli

Re: College Athlete looking for Law Schools

Postby asoli » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:11 pm

Only the GPA from your first degree counts. So, what is that?

SJS24

Postby SJS24 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:12 pm

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:18 pm

Read bible take all tests out there aim higher

deadhipsters

Postby deadhipsters » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:19 pm

Next time use the search button, it would have saved you the snarky comments that are sure to ensue. "Sports law" and "entertainment law" is largely untouchable for recent grads to get into. In addition to this, it is just such a small field that it is completely unrealistic for anyone to actually plan on in a career in it. Too, it is not necessary for one to even go to law school to become an agent- if that was what you meant by S&E Law. Also, the schools that you mentioned would probably never allow you to break into the field. Aim for a 170+ and then you may have an outside chance of attending a school that would actually allow you to have an outside chance of entering S&E law several years down the road. Also S&E law is just contract work, for the most part.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:50 pm

Unless, of course, you know the right people who can open doors for you and get clients. Then just go to any school and pass the bar as cheaply and easily as you can.

StrictlyLiable

Postby StrictlyLiable » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:01 pm

Yeah anything above a 160+ would get you into Cincy and probably UK. I'm not sure about the S & E aspect of either schools.

iahurricane

Postby iahurricane » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:37 am

What sport did you play in college and what school did you attend? If it was basketball at any of those schools, I'd say you have a very good chance on breaking in to the sports business because of the relationships you may have, but not because of what law school you go to.

Chris_cpb

Postby Chris_cpb » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:45 am

deadhipsters wrote:Next time use the search button, it would have saved you the snarky comments that are sure to ensue. "Sports law" and "entertainment law" is largely untouchable for recent grads to get into. In addition to this, it is just such a small field that it is completely unrealistic for anyone to actually plan on in a career in it. Too, it is not necessary for one to even go to law school to become an agent- if that was what you meant by S&E Law. Also, the schools that you mentioned would probably never allow you to break into the field. Aim for a 170+ and then you may have an outside chance of attending a school that would actually allow you to have an outside chance of entering S&E law several years down the road. Also S&E law is just contract work, for the most part.

This sounds true for the most part unless you were a total stud in LA with connections. Eric Murphey perhaps, only better.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”