Wait. Splitter-friendly schools are sausagefests?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
takehold

Re: Wait. Splitter-friendly schools are sausagefests?

Postby takehold » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:54 pm

czelede wrote:
caleng wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
MC Southstar wrote:Lawl. 58% is not a sausagefest. Not even close.
Take it from the engineers. Look up Georgia Tech/MIT/CalTech/AnyEngineeringProgramEvar and then get back to us.

+1 My engineering major probably had the highest percentage of females in the college and it was still way more of a "sausagefest" than than.

I'm definitely not complaining, being one of the few females was always a plus for me. I guess I'm not as much of a feminist as OP (not even close).

Haha, this. My major had 8/149 women. The saying amongst us females about boys in engineering at my UG was "The odds are good, but the goods are odd".

(Of course, the males retaliated with "The odds are bad, and so are the goods"...so...)

Nice.

ZachOda

Postby ZachOda » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:28 pm

sumus romani wrote:
ZachOda wrote:I wouldn't stress it Bumi. First of all, the difference is pretty negligible. Second, looking at three of those (UIUC, Minn, and IU), they're huge state schools. There will be girls around there, perhaps you can mingle with the other grad programs. Finally, for WUSTL, it's in St. Louis, which is a major city. I suspect there will be girls around there. Don't worry about the girl to guy ratio at the law school, because there are plenty of other options. Maybe you'll meet someone from the area.

Or you can impress the UG's by saying you're going to be a lawyer someday :lol:

All in all though, I'm sure you will be able to meet a good group of people at any of those choices (I'm applying to all 4 as well, see you in the Midwest)

The difference in indeed not negligible in a sense. This is because even slight differences radically alter the pairing up scheme. There have been tons of studies done about this in african american communities (b/c so many aa males are behind bars--like 1/9 young aa males. This has a drastic effect on the options for young aa females). Luckily, everything else ZachOda says is right, so the pool of eligible females is quite a bit larger than the OP supposes.

I actually went over some of those studies in a soc. course, very interesting and eye-opening

J.Straw from Wichita

Postby J.Straw from Wichita » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:38 am

- I'm not trying to nail anybody I have class with. That typically doesn't work well and I'm non-trad enough (I'm 112, after all) to know not to get caught up in that kind of drama.

you're 112??? get you nail anybody period at that age?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:40 am

J.Straw from Wichita wrote:- I'm not trying to nail anybody I have class with. That typically doesn't work well and I'm non-trad enough (I'm 112, after all) to know not to get caught up in that kind of drama.

you're 112??? get you nail anybody period at that age?

Hope this answers your question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yvEYKRF5IA

danquayle

Postby danquayle » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:45 am

Fuck girls tonight... I just wanna dance.

DerrickRose

Postby DerrickRose » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:55 pm

I can't believe I didn't think of this first. It makes perfect sense.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”