another 'Reapply?' thread Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
champ33

Bronze

another 'Reapply?' thread

Post by champ33 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:21 pm

So my circumstance has changed a bit and once again I'm turning to TLS. I'm in and deposited at Rutgers-N (applied with a 162 from Sept.). With scholarship and contributions etc. I'm looking at about 30,000 debt at graduation. I've retaken the LSAT and scored a 165 this June. I've put in a request for more scholarship money for this fall, but it doesn't look like that will happen. My options are to go ahead and attend this fall, or to wait and apply with the 165 next year... or the next. How much better do my prospects look with a 165 (I'm thinking not much)? I'm by no means biglaw or bust, and also would like to keep my debt as low as possible. I'd ideally like to practice anywhere in the northeast with a preference for NY area, if that helps. Thanks for everything TLS.

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Re: another 'Reapply?' thread

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:02 am

Play around with LSN, and see if it helps. I don't think it will help that much. My advice would be go to law school, get excellent grades, and land a job :-)

concurrent fork

Silver

Post by concurrent fork » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:06 am

If you have a high GPA, 165 should put you in range of scholarship money at lower T1. IMHO this is a better option than Rutgers w/30k debt at graduation. If you do attend this year, just be realistic about your job prospects (which could be nonexistent if you perform poorly).

champ33

Bronze

Post by champ33 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:30 pm

thanks for the replies so far guys, I appreciate it. GPA is about 3.4-3.5, so not too high. I think I could get some money at lower t1 next cycle, but as i said my preference is for the NY area, and I don't see getting any significant money at a NY t1 which would offset going to rutgers.. so that's where I'm stuck. anyway i really appreciate the input so far.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”