Seton Hall with scholarship or Fordham without?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
charlotte745

Seton Hall with scholarship or Fordham without?

Postby charlotte745 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:12 am

I committed to seton hall with a $35,000 a year scholarship but was just taken off of the waitlist for fordham. I'm not sure what I want to do after graduation but i think i would like to be in ny. I don't have loans from college but I'm nervous about taking on six figures worth of debt. Which is the better choice?

keg411

Re: Seton Hall with scholarship or Fordham without?

Postby keg411 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:37 pm

If you want to be in NYC, then you need to go to Fordham. Seton Hall is a NJ school.

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:59 am

Do you absolutely want to work at a law firm? If so, fordam will help you get there better and to eventually pay off that 180-200k loan.

If you have interest in anything else at all, e.g. public interest, gov, prosecution, etc., you should be very concerned about the debt that Fordham will put you in, and thus I highly suggest SHU. This is the case despite the fact that we now have income based repayment options.

Also, Keg is right that you should at least be seriously willing to practice in NJ for several years post graduation if you choose SHU. If you simply can't picture that, choose Fordham, but remember that in NYC you're competing with the whole t-14. Whereas in Jersey, Seton Hall is the "top dog," so to speak.
Last edited by aPosseAdEsse on Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:08 am

Return to “Choosing a Law School”