scholarships: columbia or cornell Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
obsquared

New

scholarships: columbia or cornell

Post by obsquared » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:14 pm

does anyone know much about scholarship opportunities in columbia and cornell? which school is more generous? I'm trying to choose between the two and any advice on that will be appreciated.

dukelawguy144

Bronze

Re: scholarships: columbia or cornell

Post by dukelawguy144 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:33 pm

I know Cornell is super generous with $$. Plus, if you get into a higher ranked school with $$, they will match with a little more

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:38 pm

obsquared wrote:does anyone know much about scholarship opportunities in columbia and cornell? which school is more generous? I'm trying to choose between the two and any advice on that will be appreciated.
Why don't you see if you get accepted to either school before you start worry about this. If you have Columbia numbers you are looking at nearly a full ride from Cornell. For anyone applicant Cornell is going to be more generous because they are ranked lower. As to who gives more in general, what difference does it make?

obsquared

New

Post by obsquared » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:48 pm

thanks for the PDF info. that was really helpful.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

olanderp

New

Post by olanderp » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:37 pm

jks289 wrote:
obsquared wrote:does anyone know much about scholarship opportunities in columbia and cornell? which school is more generous? I'm trying to choose between the two and any advice on that will be appreciated.
Why don't you see if you get accepted to either school before you start worry about this. If you have Columbia numbers you are looking at nearly a full ride from Cornell. For anyone applicant Cornell is going to be more generous because they are ranked lower. As to who gives more in general, what difference does it make?
OP hasn't even taken the LSAT yet...thread is pointless.

obsquared

New

Post by obsquared » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:54 pm

i don't thin there's anything pointless about tryin to get some information and the opinions of others. if you have no answers to this question, you are not obliged to reply.

Moxie

Silver

Post by Moxie » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:55 pm

No need to be douchy to the OP, and why does it matter if he's taken the LSAT yet? There's nothing wrong with thinking about possible scholarship opportunities at each school.

And as a poster said above, if you have CLS numbers, Cornell will probably offer you a very (60k+) competitive package. CLS doesn't tend to give a lot of merit money based on LSN, unless you have the numbers to get into Harvard, Yale or Stanford (in which case, you hvae a good chance at getting a half or full ride)

let/them/eat/cake

Silver

Post by let/them/eat/cake » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:04 pm

i've heard Hogwart's is more generous than Scholomance U. but then again the absolute power one could yield coming from the latter is pretty intense. They do weigh the LSAT more heavily than Hogwart's though--what's your LSAT? O shit, you don't have one yet, guess you should get one to figure out where you are going.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rock Chalk

Silver

Post by Rock Chalk » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:05 pm

jks289 wrote:Why don't you see if you get accepted to either school before you start worry about this. If you have Columbia numbers you are looking at nearly a full ride from Cornell. For anyone applicant Cornell is going to be more generous because they are ranked lower. As to who gives more in general, what difference does it make?
This. Also, if you're getting substantial money at Columbia, it's likely you have YHS numbers. The highest ranked school you get into will probably know that they are and act accordingly (offer you nothing).

ohiodem

New

Post by ohiodem » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:47 am

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”