Any good T3 or T4 schools? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Mr. Matlock

Silver

Re: Any good T3 or T4 schools?

Post by Mr. Matlock » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:41 pm

La Verne University College of Law: The Edible Peanut From a Pile of Feces

I'd like a shirt please.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:42 pm

Well, I think we can all agree that Gloria Estefan is the only one that has a crazy good cafe/night club owned by her.

ggocat

Gold

Post by ggocat » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:47 pm

Cleareyes wrote:Once again you are misquoting. You see he was comparing Florida schools to singer songwriters popular in the 90s. Stetson is the Jewel of them all, FSU is the Meredith Brooks. UF is Alanis, and, of course, Miami is Gloria Estefan!
First the comment about ties, and now this. You are on a roll.

WSJ_Law

Bronze

Post by WSJ_Law » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:01 pm

edited by mod

katie96

New

Post by katie96 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:05 pm

cartercl wrote:
dukelawguy144 wrote:the answer to your question is no.

re-take and reapply or dont go
So what gives man... after attending a "shitty UG (as you described it in another thread)" you all of a sudden think you are high and mighty since you got in at Duke? Seriously, give it a rest dude. Of course there are some decent T3's and T4's out there that would greatly benefit people attending for a variety of reasons. You have no clue what the OP's motives are for wanting to apply to a T3 or T4.

Maybe he/she wants to be closer to home or something. Already has a job landed. Tons of reasons. OP made no mention of his/her numbers, so I don't know where you get off making the wild assumption that his/her numbers suck enough that a retake is warranted.

This.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:26 pm

WSJ_Law wrote:Taxguy is a fuckin moron
I LOL'd at this

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:30 pm

A full ride at my local T3/T4 would be awesome if there weren't so many better law schools within a ten-mile radius.

thedive

Bronze

Post by thedive » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:21 pm

If it is a T3 state school in the state you are from and the only law school in the state I would say yes (only a total of like 4 schools out there). If it is a T3/T4 school in an over saturated market then...massive student loans=mid-life crisis=fat and lonely=AA meetings.

Lord Randolph McDuff

Gold

Post by Lord Randolph McDuff » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:56 pm

Just read the cooley rankings criterium for a hoot. 2.5 percent of a schools ranking is total enrollment, 2.5 percent for size of 1L class, 2.5 percent for number of teachers, 2.5 percent for number of classes--- stopped reading here, you get the point.

Good thing 2.5 percent is based on incoming LSAT score (Cooleys in a 146). This balances all that right out.

Sad thing is that I read the intro and the author seriously believed all the shit he was saying about how objective and needed these rankings were. Guy is a fucking moron.

If I ever meet a Cooley grad I will seriously have to fight the urge to slap their face. Not even kidding.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

WSJ_Law

Bronze

Post by WSJ_Law » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:00 pm

edited by mod

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Why the fuck would you feel that way toward the graduates? Sure, feel that way about the administration. But you people are fucked up if you feel that way toward the fucking students.

Lord Randolph McDuff

Gold

Post by Lord Randolph McDuff » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:27 pm

I guess you are right. Be sensitive towards me too though. Be sensitive to an insensitive person who doesn't feel sorry for others who knowingly attend a school like Cooley.

I'm sure there are some exceptions who had half decent reasons for attending, but it's impossible for the majority not to lump all Cooley grads into the idiot pile because it's obvious that most of them are.

Sorry I'm not sorry they are idiots, or something. Ha.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:36 pm

thedive wrote:If it is a T3 state school in the state you are from and the only law school in the state I would say yes (only a total of like 4 schools out there). If it is a T3/T4 school in an over saturated market then...massive student loans=mid-life crisis=fat and lonely=AA meetings.
+1

If you want to be a small town lawyer in Montana, then go to U of Montana, same thing applies for U of Maine, U of Idaho, U of Wyoming, etc. If it's you want to work in a state that only has 1 law school and it's a state school, then by all means, it may just be the best best outside of T20ish for you.

I know in Maine, U of Maine grads really stick together. Search a lot of the Portland firms and they're loaded with their own.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

scrowell

Bronze

Post by scrowell » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:55 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:La Verne University College of Law: The Edible Peanut From a Pile of Feces

I'd like a shirt please.
No longer provisionally accredited.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Choosing a Law School”