Grade Inflation, What BS

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby MTal » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:48 pm

TheTopBloke wrote:It's fraud.

You mean like pretty much the rest of the law school enterprise?

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:54 pm

MTal wrote:
TheTopBloke wrote:It's fraud.

You mean like pretty much the rest of the law school enterprise?

Some things never change, do you Mtal? :D

Postby junelsat » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:52 pm

Law school is a professional school that exists for the purpose of preparing students for careers as lawyers. To become a lawyer, you typically need to be hired by somebody. If you think otherwise, you're a dumbass. I'm a pretty spoiled kid with a fair amount of connections, and the notion that I would go to law school with the intention of specifically not working for somebody else strikes me as absurd. I have friends from college(a good college) whose families are worth tens of millions of dollars and have tremendous connections, and they would never be dumb enough to go to law school just for "the education" with the intention of becoming entrepreneurs. If you know that you want to be an entrepreneur, you go out and start a damn business or get a business education working as a consultant or ibanker, you don't spend three years studying law (not that a law school education will hurt, but its far from the most intelligent way to achieve success in starting a business). If all you want is an education, read some books. If you want to get a job as a lawyer, go to law school.

Bill Cosby

Postby Bill Cosby » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:06 am

Cleareyes wrote:
mallard wrote:
TheTopBloke wrote:
junelsat wrote:Its mildly disingenuous and certainly in the wrong spirit. If nothing else, it reeks of desperation.

This is all the result of there are too many law schools. If there were less schools, then not as many recent graduates would be unemployed, and the schools wouldn't have to claw to compete with one another.

Not everyone goes to law school to get a job. I'm certainly not looking to shell out up to $150k just to work for someone else.

Are you kidding me?

Hanging out a shingle straight out of law school is where it's at. All I need is an ad in a phone book, a late model mustang with a license plate that says LLR$P (Lad(ie)s Love Rich $olo Practitioner) and several hundred gs in malpractice insurance. Oh hells yeah. In fact I am so confident that 2L summer I plan on interning with myself. Who needs mentors, training, or colleagues when you have a healthy sense of self-worth and access to Westlaw practitioner manuals. I'll be rockin' the Bugatti while you're still in your pathetic late model BMW purchased with the chump change Proskauer throws you as an employee. Oh yeah. You don't need a team of attorneys and support staff to do billion dollar M&A deals. Just a JD and a dream.

Won't you dream with me?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”