Grade Inflation, What BS

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
Cleareyes
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:59 pm

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby Cleareyes » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:08 pm

PKSebben wrote:ITT: Retards that don't understand that when you hang a shingle you still work for someone else.


Only if you work for one of those corporate shingle hanging firms. I plan on starting a solo shingle hanging practice. We do awnings too. And neon. Basically any signage that is less complicated than an LED or video display we'll take care of. The demand for law may wax and ebb, but people will always need shingles.

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby BarbellDreams » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:09 pm

I am trying to be civil, I am just generally interested. You said yes to the private practice as a solo practitioner. Do you have mad connections or are you just assuming that people will swarm to you once you put up your ad on the TV and run Peter Francis Geraci out of town?

Leeroy Jenkins
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby Leeroy Jenkins » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:09 pm

TheTopBloke wrote:For allegedly reasonably intelligent people you sure do assume alot.

They assume as much as you fellate yourself

User avatar
PKSebben
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby PKSebben » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:10 pm

He's going to do solo M&A work. Maybe toss in some corporate finance between his big deals between Fortune 500 companies.

User avatar
TheTopBloke
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby TheTopBloke » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:12 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:I am trying to be civil, I am just generally interested. You said yes to the private practice as a solo practitioner. Do you have mad connections or are you just assuming that people will swarm to you once you put up your ad on the TV and run Peter Francis Geraci out of town?


I do have some experience and some connections yes.

User avatar
TheTopBloke
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby TheTopBloke » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:13 pm

Leeroy Jenkins wrote:
TheTopBloke wrote:For allegedly reasonably intelligent people you sure do assume alot.

They assume as much as you fellate yourself


Bitter are we?

User avatar
PKSebben
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby PKSebben » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:13 pm

If you are so connected, why pay 150k for a law education? Why not take the money at a TTTTTTT?

Leeroy Jenkins
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:19 pm

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby Leeroy Jenkins » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:13 pm

TheTopBloke wrote:
Leeroy Jenkins wrote:
TheTopBloke wrote:For allegedly reasonably intelligent people you sure do assume alot.

They assume as much as you fellate yourself

Bitter are we?

Yea, I wish I were flexible enough to fellate myself.

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby Mr. Matlock » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:14 pm

Cleareyes wrote:
PKSebben wrote:ITT: Retards that don't understand that when you hang a shingle you still work for someone else.


Only if you work for one of those corporate shingle hanging firms. I plan on starting a solo shingle hanging practice. We do awnings too. And neon. Basically any signage that is less complicated than an LED or video display we'll take care of. The demand for law may wax and ebb, but people will always need shingles.

:lol: :lol:

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
TheTopBloke
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby TheTopBloke » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:15 pm

PKSebben wrote:If you are so connected, why pay 150k for a law education? Why not take the money at a TTTTTTT?


I'm willing to pay for the best education I can afford.

MVPson
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby MVPson » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:15 pm

This thread is full of brilliant commentary and illuminating insight. Thank you, TLS.

User avatar
MrKappus
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 am

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby MrKappus » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:15 pm

Cleareyes wrote:
PKSebben wrote:ITT: Retards that don't understand that when you hang a shingle you still work for someone else.


Only if you work for one of those corporate shingle hanging firms. I plan on starting a solo shingle hanging practice. We do awnings too. And neon. Basically any signage that is less complicated than an LED or video display we'll take care of. The demand for law may wax and ebb, but people will always need shingles.


God, just pure win. Again.

User avatar
MrKappus
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 am

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby MrKappus » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:17 pm

PKSebben wrote:He's going to do solo M&A work. Maybe toss in some corporate finance between his big deals between Fortune 500 companies.


I also hear Chapter 11 filings for Fortune 100's are pretty breezy. He should diversify his practice, both to keep things interesting and protect ITE.

User avatar
Cleareyes
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:59 pm

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby Cleareyes » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:23 pm

TheTopBloke wrote:
Leeroy Jenkins wrote:
TheTopBloke wrote:For allegedly reasonably intelligent people you sure do assume alot.

They assume as much as you fellate yourself


Bitter are we?


I'm extremely bitter. I didn't receive a single letter grade in law school that comes before F in the alphabet. It was a rude awakening. Now I just stay up late at night feeling jealous of people who are going to waltz out of law school with a grip of A+s and an offer to do all of Vince Shlomi's litigation work.

User avatar
PKSebben
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby PKSebben » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:23 pm

TheTopBloke wrote:
PKSebben wrote:If you are so connected, why pay 150k for a law education? Why not take the money at a TTTTTTT?


I'm willing to pay for the best education I can afford.


Cool. Look forward to reading your scamblog in three years.

User avatar
legal_eagle
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:20 am

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby legal_eagle » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:32 pm

Cleareyes wrote:
mallard wrote:
TheTopBloke wrote:
junelsat wrote:Its mildly disingenuous and certainly in the wrong spirit. If nothing else, it reeks of desperation.

This is all the result of there are too many law schools. If there were less schools, then not as many recent graduates would be unemployed, and the schools wouldn't have to claw to compete with one another.


Not everyone goes to law school to get a job. I'm certainly not looking to shell out up to $150k just to work for someone else.


Are you kidding me?


Hanging out a shingle straight out of law school is where it's at. All I need is an ad in a phone book, a late model mustang with a license plate that says LLR$P (Lad(ie)s Love Rich $olo Practitioner) and several hundred gs in malpractice insurance. Oh hells yeah. In fact I am so confident that 2L summer I plan on interning with myself. Who needs mentors, training, or colleagues when you have a healthy sense of self-worth and access to Westlaw practitioner manuals. I'll be rockin' the Bugatti while you're still in your pathetic late model BMW purchased with the chump change Proskauer throws you as an employee. Oh yeah. You don't need a team of attorneys and support staff to do billion dollar M&A deals. Just a JD and a dream.

Won't you dream with me?




--ImageRemoved--

pelmen74
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby pelmen74 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 am

Some rich people can afford to go to law school simply because they have the time and money and want to succeed as entrepreneurs. Knowing the law is a significant advantage for starting your own business, especially if you are planning on starting a big business, not a local pawn shop. I know I am planning on going biglaw, but if I/ my parents had lots of money and tons of connections in the business world ( i.e. future investors/ smart colleagues and friends), a job would not be my first priority. ATopBloke probably has some of these.

User avatar
alexonfyre
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:00 am

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby alexonfyre » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:49 am

pelmen74 wrote:Some rich people can afford to go to law school simply because they have the time and money and want to succeed as entrepreneurs. Knowing the law is a significant advantage for starting your own business, especially if you are planning on starting a big business, not a local pawn shop. I know I am planning on going biglaw, but if I/ my parents had lots of money and tons of connections in the business world ( i.e. future investors/ smart colleagues and friends), a job would not be my first priority. ATopBloke probably has some of these.


All the more reason to pwn him.

User avatar
sundance95
Posts: 2123
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby sundance95 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:04 am

alexonfyre wrote:
All the more reason to pwn him.

Image

Renzo
Posts: 4265
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:23 am

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby Renzo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:10 am

Cleareyes wrote:
TheTopBloke wrote:
Leeroy Jenkins wrote:
TheTopBloke wrote:For allegedly reasonably intelligent people you sure do assume alot.

They assume as much as you fellate yourself


Bitter are we?


I'm extremely bitter. I didn't receive a single letter grade in law school that comes before F in the alphabet. It was a rude awakening. Now I just stay up late at night feeling jealous of people who are going to waltz out of law school with a grip of A+s and an offer to do all of Vince Shlomi's litigation work.

Yeah, but does "HH" come before or after "P" alphabetically?

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:18 am

TheTopBloke wrote:For allegedly reasonably intelligent people you sure do assume alot.


Then why not cut the holier-than-thou attitude and be less vague about what you're doing.

User avatar
prezidentv8
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby prezidentv8 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:19 am

TheTopBloke wrote:For allegedly reasonably intelligent people you sure do assume alot a lot.


Ugh. FTFY.

User avatar
TheTopBloke
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby TheTopBloke » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:10 am

alexonfyre wrote:
pelmen74 wrote:Some rich people can afford to go to law school simply because they have the time and money and want to succeed as entrepreneurs. Knowing the law is a significant advantage for starting your own business, especially if you are planning on starting a big business, not a local pawn shop. I know I am planning on going biglaw, but if I/ my parents had lots of money and tons of connections in the business world ( i.e. future investors/ smart colleagues and friends), a job would not be my first priority. ATopBloke probably has some of these.


All the more reason to pwn him.


Good luck trying.

User avatar
TheTopBloke
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby TheTopBloke » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:13 am

delBarco wrote:
TheTopBloke wrote:For allegedly reasonably intelligent people you sure do assume alot.


Then why not cut the holier-than-thou attitude and be less vague about what you're doing.


What's the fun in that?

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:44 pm

TheTopBloke wrote:
delBarco wrote:
TheTopBloke wrote:For allegedly reasonably intelligent people you sure do assume alot.


Then why not cut the holier-than-thou attitude and be less vague about what you're doing.


What's the fun in that?


For starters, you don't come off as an ignorant douchetard.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chili_davis, lawcapture, NavyNuke, splitterfromhell and 7 guests