Grade Inflation, What BS

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Cleareyes

Re: Grade Inflation, What BS

Postby Cleareyes » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:08 pm

PKSebben wrote:ITT: Retards that don't understand that when you hang a shingle you still work for someone else.

Only if you work for one of those corporate shingle hanging firms. I plan on starting a solo shingle hanging practice. We do awnings too. And neon. Basically any signage that is less complicated than an LED or video display we'll take care of. The demand for law may wax and ebb, but people will always need shingles.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:09 pm

I am trying to be civil, I am just generally interested. You said yes to the private practice as a solo practitioner. Do you have mad connections or are you just assuming that people will swarm to you once you put up your ad on the TV and run Peter Francis Geraci out of town?

Leeroy Jenkins

Postby Leeroy Jenkins » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:09 pm

TheTopBloke wrote:For allegedly reasonably intelligent people you sure do assume alot.

They assume as much as you fellate yourself

PKSebben

Postby PKSebben » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:10 pm

He's going to do solo M&A work. Maybe toss in some corporate finance between his big deals between Fortune 500 companies.

TheTopBloke

Postby TheTopBloke » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:12 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:I am trying to be civil, I am just generally interested. You said yes to the private practice as a solo practitioner. Do you have mad connections or are you just assuming that people will swarm to you once you put up your ad on the TV and run Peter Francis Geraci out of town?

I do have some experience and some connections yes.

TheTopBloke

Postby TheTopBloke » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:13 pm

Leeroy Jenkins wrote:
TheTopBloke wrote:For allegedly reasonably intelligent people you sure do assume alot.

Bitter are we?

PKSebben

Postby PKSebben » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:13 pm

If you are so connected, why pay 150k for a law education? Why not take the money at a TTTTTTT?

Leeroy Jenkins

Postby Leeroy Jenkins » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:13 pm

TheTopBloke wrote:
Leeroy Jenkins wrote:

Bitter are we?

Yea, I wish I were flexible enough to fellate myself.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:14 pm

Cleareyes wrote:
PKSebben wrote:ITT: Retards that don't understand that when you hang a shingle you still work for someone else.

Only if you work for one of those corporate shingle hanging firms. I plan on starting a solo shingle hanging practice. We do awnings too. And neon. Basically any signage that is less complicated than an LED or video display we'll take care of. The demand for law may wax and ebb, but people will always need shingles.

:lol: :lol:

--ImageRemoved--

TheTopBloke

Postby TheTopBloke » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:15 pm

PKSebben wrote:If you are so connected, why pay 150k for a law education? Why not take the money at a TTTTTTT?

I'm willing to pay for the best education I can afford.

MVPson

Postby MVPson » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:15 pm

This thread is full of brilliant commentary and illuminating insight. Thank you, TLS.

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:15 pm

Cleareyes wrote:

God, just pure win. Again.

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:17 pm

PKSebben wrote:He's going to do solo M&A work. Maybe toss in some corporate finance between his big deals between Fortune 500 companies.

I also hear Chapter 11 filings for Fortune 100's are pretty breezy. He should diversify his practice, both to keep things interesting and protect ITE.

Cleareyes

Postby Cleareyes » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:23 pm

TheTopBloke wrote:
Leeroy Jenkins wrote:

Bitter are we?

I'm extremely bitter. I didn't receive a single letter grade in law school that comes before F in the alphabet. It was a rude awakening. Now I just stay up late at night feeling jealous of people who are going to waltz out of law school with a grip of A+s and an offer to do all of Vince Shlomi's litigation work.

PKSebben

Postby PKSebben » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:23 pm

TheTopBloke wrote:
PKSebben wrote:If you are so connected, why pay 150k for a law education? Why not take the money at a TTTTTTT?

I'm willing to pay for the best education I can afford.

Cool. Look forward to reading your scamblog in three years.

legal_eagle

Postby legal_eagle » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:32 pm

Cleareyes wrote:
mallard wrote:
TheTopBloke wrote:
junelsat wrote:Its mildly disingenuous and certainly in the wrong spirit. If nothing else, it reeks of desperation.

This is all the result of there are too many law schools. If there were less schools, then not as many recent graduates would be unemployed, and the schools wouldn't have to claw to compete with one another.

Not everyone goes to law school to get a job. I'm certainly not looking to shell out up to $150k just to work for someone else.

Are you kidding me?

Hanging out a shingle straight out of law school is where it's at. All I need is an ad in a phone book, a late model mustang with a license plate that says LLR$P (Lad(ie)s Love Rich $olo Practitioner) and several hundred gs in malpractice insurance. Oh hells yeah. In fact I am so confident that 2L summer I plan on interning with myself. Who needs mentors, training, or colleagues when you have a healthy sense of self-worth and access to Westlaw practitioner manuals. I'll be rockin' the Bugatti while you're still in your pathetic late model BMW purchased with the chump change Proskauer throws you as an employee. Oh yeah. You don't need a team of attorneys and support staff to do billion dollar M&A deals. Just a JD and a dream.

Won't you dream with me?

--ImageRemoved--

pelmen74

Postby pelmen74 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 am

Some rich people can afford to go to law school simply because they have the time and money and want to succeed as entrepreneurs. Knowing the law is a significant advantage for starting your own business, especially if you are planning on starting a big business, not a local pawn shop. I know I am planning on going biglaw, but if I/ my parents had lots of money and tons of connections in the business world ( i.e. future investors/ smart colleagues and friends), a job would not be my first priority. ATopBloke probably has some of these.

alexonfyre

Postby alexonfyre » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:49 am

pelmen74 wrote:Some rich people can afford to go to law school simply because they have the time and money and want to succeed as entrepreneurs. Knowing the law is a significant advantage for starting your own business, especially if you are planning on starting a big business, not a local pawn shop. I know I am planning on going biglaw, but if I/ my parents had lots of money and tons of connections in the business world ( i.e. future investors/ smart colleagues and friends), a job would not be my first priority. ATopBloke probably has some of these.

All the more reason to pwn him.

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:04 am

alexonfyre wrote:

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:10 am

Cleareyes wrote:
TheTopBloke wrote:
Leeroy Jenkins wrote:

Bitter are we?

I'm extremely bitter. I didn't receive a single letter grade in law school that comes before F in the alphabet. It was a rude awakening. Now I just stay up late at night feeling jealous of people who are going to waltz out of law school with a grip of A+s and an offer to do all of Vince Shlomi's litigation work.

Yeah, but does "HH" come before or after "P" alphabetically?

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:18 am

Then why not cut the holier-than-thou attitude and be less vague about what you're doing.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:19 am

TheTopBloke wrote:For allegedly reasonably intelligent people you sure do assume alot a lot.

Ugh. FTFY.

TheTopBloke

Postby TheTopBloke » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:10 am

alexonfyre wrote:
pelmen74 wrote:Some rich people can afford to go to law school simply because they have the time and money and want to succeed as entrepreneurs. Knowing the law is a significant advantage for starting your own business, especially if you are planning on starting a big business, not a local pawn shop. I know I am planning on going biglaw, but if I/ my parents had lots of money and tons of connections in the business world ( i.e. future investors/ smart colleagues and friends), a job would not be my first priority. ATopBloke probably has some of these.

Good luck trying.

TheTopBloke

Postby TheTopBloke » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:13 am

delBarco wrote:

Then why not cut the holier-than-thou attitude and be less vague about what you're doing.

What's the fun in that?

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:44 pm

TheTopBloke wrote:
delBarco wrote:

What's the fun in that?

For starters, you don't come off as an ignorant douchetard.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”