GW v. Fordham

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which?

GW - 15k need based
80%
Fordham- 15k combo merit/need, +1k this year
20%

Total votes: 54

kaydish21

Re: GW v. Fordham

Postby kaydish21 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:04 pm

CG614 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
sibley wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Do you want to work in NYC or Washington?

no preference, though the fordhamites creep me out with their frequent choice to attend fordham over, say, UVA.

They are either lying or retarded. Like UChi students who "turned down" HLS.

DC is a shithole, I'd go Fordham.

Someone on TLS did pick Fordham over UVA for personal reasons, not because they felt Fordham > UVA. I think GW would be awesome with Sibley and GermX together, so I voted for GW.

Haha, me too on that last part. And I was a little afraid of being sued by Sibley while I'm a Fordham next year.

JK..... kinda

CG614

Postby CG614 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:05 pm

sibley wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
CG614 wrote:
sibley wrote:I was all set to go to GW and submitted my $1500 deposit. They offered me 15k need-based, no merit. I was just accepted off of Fordham's waitlist with a combination of need-based and merit aid equalling 15k, plus 1k to help offset the cost of my deposit at GW. There are no GPA requirements for either scenario and both are equally renewable unless I fall into a very large pile of cash.

I know I like immigration law and definitely want to participate in the area during school but would also like to keep my doors open.

My SO is at school 7 hours from both schools. He lives in Westchester so if home for breaks he'd be an hour from NYC and 4 from DC. But basically... if you consider personal reasons either is feasible so I don't want to consider them.

Which is gonna get me better job prospects? Etc.

(edited for clarification and grammar)

What about Georgetown?

+1, I was also wondering this

no you weren't you butt! you know they rejected me

What?!!! You should sue them!

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:06 pm

kaydish21 wrote:
CG614 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
sibley wrote:
no preference, though the fordhamites creep me out with their frequent choice to attend fordham over, say, UVA.

They are either lying or retarded. Like UChi students who "turned down" HLS.

DC is a shithole, I'd go Fordham.

Someone on TLS did pick Fordham over UVA for personal reasons, not because they felt Fordham > UVA. I think GW would be awesome with Sibley and GermX together, so I voted for GW.

Haha, me too on that last part. And I was a little afraid of being sued by Sibley while I'm a Fordham next year.

JK..... kinda

aw no I like you. you'd have to hit me with your car or something. then I'd sue you.

wait why me and germx?

kaydish21

Postby kaydish21 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:08 pm

And for what it's worth I also turned down a t14 for Fordham for personal/geographic reasons. My wife is in the New York area and it will be much better in all ways for me if I stay local, alas.

Postby 09042014 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:10 pm

kaydish21 wrote:And for what it's worth I also turned down a t14 for Fordham for personal/geographic reasons. My wife is in the New York area and it will be much better in all ways for me if I stay local, alas.

Full ride? Also Georgetown doesn't count.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:11 pm

ok so someone just brought it to my attention that by using UVA/Fordham as an example I may have inadvertantly insulted someone I actually really like. I was making a generalization and want to clarify: choosing fordham over a better school just because you heart NYC is retarded. choosing fordham over a better school because of jobs in nyc, family ties, etc, is very reasonable.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:12 pm

sibley wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Do you want to work in NYC or Washington?

Blatant anti-OS trolling.

kaydish21

Postby kaydish21 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:13 pm

This is why for GermX, viewtopic.php?f=1&t=115188&start=200.

And no not Gtown, although it also is just barely a t14. Not full ride, but still the right choice.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:15 pm

Sibley, you are welcome for giving your thread so much publicity.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:20 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:Sibley, you are welcome for giving your thread so much publicity.

marry me. I'll be maeby, you can be my famous cousin.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:22 pm

kaydish21 wrote:This is why for GermX, viewtopic.php?f=1&t=115188&start=200.

And no not Gtown, although it also is just barely a t14. Not full ride, but still the right choice.

yeah I like germx. I have some on my desk actually. the other kind...

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:35 pm

sibley wrote:ok so someone just brought it to my attention that by using UVA/Fordham as an example I may have inadvertantly insulted someone I actually really like. I was making a generalization and want to clarify: choosing fordham over a better school just because you heart NYC is retarded. choosing fordham over a better school because of jobs in nyc, family ties, etc, is very reasonable.

haha it's OK. i am not retarded, nor am i lying. i'm just married with a husband who is working at an NYC i-bank and whom i would never get to see if i went to UVa.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:42 pm

I voted for GW because I visited the campus last week and its program is awesome, they have a good variety of classes, their moot court competition finals are judged by supreme court justices, DC is an awesome place to intern, and furthermore it just has a really good vibe.

Postby 09042014 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:50 pm

hannah87 wrote:
sibley wrote:ok so someone just brought it to my attention that by using UVA/Fordham as an example I may have inadvertantly insulted someone I actually really like. I was making a generalization and want to clarify: choosing fordham over a better school just because you heart NYC is retarded. choosing fordham over a better school because of jobs in nyc, family ties, etc, is very reasonable.

haha it's OK. i am not retarded, nor am i lying. i'm just married with a husband who is working at an NYC i-bank and whom i would never get to see if i went to UVa.

With $$ and his financial supports its the right move.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:52 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

thanks- i did get $$$ at fordham, which made the choice easier.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:22 pm

hannah87 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

thanks- i did get $$$ at fordham, which made the choice easier.

plus you get free or low cost housing from your gparents, right? definitely not a bad move for people in situations like yours =P

Return to “Choosing a Law School”