Princeton Law

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Princeton Law

Postby romothesavior » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:23 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/06/21/rejection.letters.famous/index.html?hpt=C2

Picture 7. Very funny. Apparently Mr. Wax didn't have access to TLS at the time.

User avatar
Canarsie
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Princeton Law

Postby Canarsie » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:34 pm

Thanks for this, I smiled!

NYVA311
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Princeton Law

Postby NYVA311 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:34 pm

Was just about to post this -- glad I came across this thread.

User avatar
agentdedalus
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Princeton Law

Postby agentdedalus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:47 pm

But... did you read the author's follow-up comment about this letter?

"Shapiro: There is one that I love where a prospective applicant was told that Princeton University has no law school. I love that because the guy who applied to Princeton's "law school" just didn't know. He ended up getting into Harvard and graduating from there. He ended up being extremely successful. In the end, there was life after rejection."

thechee
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:42 am

Re: Princeton Law

Postby thechee » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:54 pm


User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Princeton Law

Postby romothesavior » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:22 pm

Wowzers...

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Princeton Law

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:29 pm

thechee wrote:Here he is:

http://www.lawsite.com/Bio-Wax.html

That you took the time to find this makes this thread so much better. I lol'ed. Thanks.

User avatar
nealric
Posts: 2391
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Princeton Law

Postby nealric » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:50 pm

That you took the time to find this makes this thread so much better. I lol'ed. Thanks.


Slightly more excusable back in the day. There was no internet or USNEWS report. If you weren't familiar with the school or knew someone who was, you would have had to write the university to find out if they had a law school. Might as well apply if you are going to go through that trouble.

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Princeton Law

Postby kk19131 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:54 pm

thechee wrote:Here he is:

http://www.lawsite.com/Bio-Wax.html




OMG... I can't breathe.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Princeton Law

Postby romothesavior » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:02 pm

nealric wrote:
That you took the time to find this makes this thread so much better. I lol'ed. Thanks.


Slightly more excusable back in the day. There was no internet or USNEWS report. If you weren't familiar with the school or knew someone who was, you would have had to write the university to find out if they had a law school. Might as well apply if you are going to go through that trouble.


I agree. It is really funny, but there would really be no way of knowing without talking to people in the know (profs or advisers) or writing them.

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Princeton Law

Postby danidancer » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:06 pm

nealric wrote:
That you took the time to find this makes this thread so much better. I lol'ed. Thanks.


Slightly more excusable back in the day. There was no internet or USNEWS report. If you weren't familiar with the school or knew someone who was, you would have had to write the university to find out if they had a law school. Might as well apply if you are going to go through that trouble.


Yeah, except how do you apply without an application? :mrgreen:

User avatar
grins_at_bemusement
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Princeton Law

Postby grins_at_bemusement » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:39 pm

danidancer wrote:
nealric wrote:
That you took the time to find this makes this thread so much better. I lol'ed. Thanks.


Slightly more excusable back in the day. There was no internet or USNEWS report. If you weren't familiar with the school or knew someone who was, you would have had to write the university to find out if they had a law school. Might as well apply if you are going to go through that trouble.


Yeah, except how do you apply without an application? :mrgreen:


+1 :?

User avatar
yinz
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: Princeton Law

Postby yinz » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:51 pm

[
danidancer wrote:Yeah, except how do you apply without an application?


I applied via snail mail. Still no decision, but I think I'm on the waitlist.

User avatar
Grond
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:33 am

Re: Princeton Law

Postby Grond » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:02 pm

Johh Grisham also thought that Princeton has a law school:
http://abovethelaw.com/2009/01/john-gri ... test-book/

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Princeton Law

Postby kk19131 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:08 pm

I've always wondered: if Princeton were to found a law school, how would the school be regarded?

User avatar
grins_at_bemusement
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: Princeton Law

Postby grins_at_bemusement » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:32 pm

kk19131 wrote:I've always wondered: if Princeton were to found a law school, how would the school be regarded?


How about MIT law school? :lol:

User avatar
Bronte
Posts: 2128
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:44 pm

Re: Princeton Law

Postby Bronte » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:10 am

kk19131 wrote:I've always wondered: if Princeton were to found a law school, how would the school be regarded?


Weirdly.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Princeton Law

Postby Grizz » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:38 am

kk19131 wrote:I've always wondered: if Princeton were to found a law school, how would the school be regarded?


grins_at_bemusement wrote:How about MIT law school? :lol:


For some reason people always get a kick from debating these.

User avatar
Regionality
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 am

Re: Princeton Law

Postby Regionality » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:33 am

rad law wrote:
kk19131 wrote:I've always wondered: if Princeton were to found a law school, how would the school be regarded?


grins_at_bemusement wrote:How about MIT law school? :lol:


For some reason people always get a kick from debating these.


For some reason?? Haha, rad law, you LOVE debating the same thing over and over again!! Which IS better, Rad law, Nova or Barry? I just can't make up my mind!

User avatar
TheTopBloke
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: Princeton Law

Postby TheTopBloke » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:37 am

agentdedalus wrote:But... did you read the author's follow-up comment about this letter?

"Shapiro: There is one that I love where a prospective applicant was told that Princeton University has no law school. I love that because the guy who applied to Princeton's "law school" just didn't know. He ended up getting into Harvard and graduating from there. He ended up being extremely successful. In the end, there was life after rejection."


and now he does due diligence for goldman.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Princeton Law

Postby romothesavior » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:12 am

Regionality wrote:
rad law wrote:
kk19131 wrote:I've always wondered: if Princeton were to found a law school, how would the school be regarded?


grins_at_bemusement wrote:How about MIT law school? :lol:


For some reason people always get a kick from debating these.


For some reason?? Haha, rad law, you LOVE debating the same thing over and over again!! Which IS better, Rad law, Nova or Barry? I just can't make up my mind!


Dude, clearly the consensus is Nova. And then you use that to leverage Ave Maria. We've been over this.

User avatar
Regionality
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 am

Re: Princeton Law

Postby Regionality » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:23 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Regionality wrote:
rad law wrote:
kk19131 wrote:I've always wondered: if Princeton were to found a law school, how would the school be regarded?


grins_at_bemusement wrote:How about MIT law school? :lol:


For some reason people always get a kick from debating these.


For some reason?? Haha, rad law, you LOVE debating the same thing over and over again!! Which IS better, Rad law, Nova or Barry? I just can't make up my mind!


Dude, clearly the consensus is Nova. And then you use that to leverage Ave Maria. We've been over this.


You're right, I'm sorry...the consensus was clearly reached after 18 succinct pages of debate...




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GoGreen17, Grond and 11 guests