Cardozo Sticker vs Syracuse $$$

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
griffy

Re: Cardozo Sticker vs Syracuse $$$

Postby griffy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:16 pm

from what I've seen and heard the degree travels well in northeast. Traditionally most students come from NJ, Pa, and new england so the alum base is strong. However, a lot of t-14's are in the area (3 in ny alone) so the competition is tough for top spots.

balzern

Postby balzern » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:17 pm

griffy wrote:from what I've seen and heard the degree travels well in northeast. Traditionally most students come from NJ, Pa, and new england so the alum base is strong. However, a lot of t-14's are in the area (3 in ny alone) so the competition is tough for top spots.

What about in Pittsburgh?

griffy

Postby griffy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:20 pm

not sure about west Pa, but I would imagine cuse does just as well. rule of thumb, t-14> top local school >all other schools (not t14)

fenway

Postby fenway » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:27 pm

The ranking difference between Cuse' and Cardozo means very little beyond the +5% of Dozo grads that get Big Law. I'll concede that Cardozo has a more established NYC reputation and is supposedly a "better school", but neither has anything close to a national reach; in fact, Cuse' has a wider national range of placement based on employment stats. However, Cuse's rise in US News this past year is not reflective of any actual change in prestige or job prospects, so take that with a grain of salt as well. In the end, I would choose Cuse w/ $, but consider taking a year to evaluate some other options--requesting a deferral might be an interesting idea--get a legal job, study more for the LSAT, reapply to schools, and if nothing better presents itself you can always enroll next year. Congrats on the scholly btw

griffy

Postby griffy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Just wondering who besides usnews has ever thought cardoza was a special school?

I think cardoza and cuse are both good schools but I don't think anyone can really point to anything about cardoza that makes it worhty of being "ranked" so high.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”