Withdraw from Seton Hall and retake LSAT?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Go to Seton Hall or retake LSAT/reapply next year?

Go to Seton Hall
14
20%
Retake LSAT and reapply for next year
56
80%
 
Total votes: 70

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: Withdraw from Seton Hall and retake LSAT?

Postby snowpeach06 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:04 am

Maybe it's just me, but going through the whole process of re-taking the LSAT, reapplying and wasting a year of my life at a crappy job is probably the LAST thing I'd want to do. Like someone else said, I think your time would be better spent working hard and SHU and not viewing it as the end of the world that you didn't make the T14. Besides, there is always the chance that you don't improve and don't get into much better schools. At that point you really did waste an entire year. Sure Newark kind of sucks, but apparently the school itself isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Plus, it's not like NJ isn't the kind of place where it's easy to commute and you can't live somewhere besides Newark and visit the city too whenever you have free time.

bakerka2
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: Withdraw from Seton Hall and retake LSAT?

Postby bakerka2 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:43 am

snowpeach06 wrote:Maybe it's just me, but going through the whole process of re-taking the LSAT, reapplying and wasting a year of my life at a crappy job is probably the LAST thing I'd want to do. Like someone else said, I think your time would be better spent working hard and SHU and not viewing it as the end of the world that you didn't make the T14. Besides, there is always the chance that you don't improve and don't get into much better schools. At that point you really did waste an entire year. Sure Newark kind of sucks, but apparently the school itself isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Plus, it's not like NJ isn't the kind of place where it's easy to commute and you can't live somewhere besides Newark and visit the city too whenever you have free time.


While I definitely feel that this past year was sort of a waste, I really don't want to end up in NJ for the rest of my life (or even NY)... which would be a bigger waste. As I eventually want to end up in CO, the NW or SoEast Coast/DC, I think it'd be almost impossible with a SHU JD. I'm planning to do AmeriCorps this year, which I think will be a great use of my time and also help me out with my law school apps.

When I visited SHU, everyone was in love with the place and I just didn't get it. I seriously felt like they were seeing things I wasn't. One building in the middle of (IMO) the shittiest city in America... anyone who says Newark isn't that bad is kidding themselves. If you go there, you make the best of it, but you are living in the armpit of creation for about $1000/month.

krj02004
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:33 pm

Re: Withdraw from Seton Hall and retake LSAT?

Postby krj02004 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:13 am

bakerka2 wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:Maybe it's just me, but going through the whole process of re-taking the LSAT, reapplying and wasting a year of my life at a crappy job is probably the LAST thing I'd want to do. Like someone else said, I think your time would be better spent working hard and SHU and not viewing it as the end of the world that you didn't make the T14. Besides, there is always the chance that you don't improve and don't get into much better schools. At that point you really did waste an entire year. Sure Newark kind of sucks, but apparently the school itself isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Plus, it's not like NJ isn't the kind of place where it's easy to commute and you can't live somewhere besides Newark and visit the city too whenever you have free time.


While I definitely feel that this past year was sort of a waste, I really don't want to end up in NJ for the rest of my life (or even NY)... which would be a bigger waste. As I eventually want to end up in CO, the NW or SoEast Coast/DC, I think it'd be almost impossible with a SHU JD. I'm planning to do AmeriCorps this year, which I think will be a great use of my time and also help me out with my law school apps.

When I visited SHU, everyone was in love with the place and I just didn't get it. I seriously felt like they were seeing things I wasn't. One building in the middle of (IMO) the shittiest city in America... anyone who says Newark isn't that bad is kidding themselves. If you go there, you make the best of it, but you are living in the armpit of creation for about $1000/month.


So why not re-take and try for UWashington, Minnesota, or Colorado?

bakerka2
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: Withdraw from Seton Hall and retake LSAT?

Postby bakerka2 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:28 am

krj02004 wrote:
So why not re-take and try for UWashington, Minnesota, or Colorado?


I think that's the plan now, minus Minnesota (too cold).




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pcph, TripTrip, Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest