Applying in the fall, but to where? 3.88 gpa; 154 lsat. Ivy Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
xyzzzzzzzz

Bronze

Re: Applying in the fall, but to where? 3.88 gpa; 154 lsat. Ivy

Post by xyzzzzzzzz » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:43 pm

Last edited by xyzzzzzzzz on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:59 pm

You are so confusing... You were going on earlier about wanting a great law job, but you don't want biglaw...

Do you have a specific career you are looking at????

motiontodismiss

Silver

Post by motiontodismiss » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:28 pm

masterthearts wrote:
YOU ARE SO WRONG. LSAT ONLY measures your likelihood of success in your first year of law school, and nothing else. LSAT score DOES NOT measure your chances of success in the field of law. How wrong you are!
But, the likelihood of success in your first year doesn't only depend on lsat score, in my opinion. What about ambition and determination?...and # of hours put into studying?

And,yes, I am Hispanic, but of South American heritage, not Mexican or PR. So, not sure if my urm status counts. I know for sure it counted in college..
Nah, the LSAT measures your ability to beat the LSAT.

masterthearts

Bronze

Post by masterthearts » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:47 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:You are so confusing... You were going on earlier about wanting a great law job, but you don't want biglaw...

Never said I wanted a great law job. I want to attend a great school, though.

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:53 pm

masterthearts wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:You are so confusing... You were going on earlier about wanting a great law job, but you don't want biglaw...

Okay you didn't say you wanted a great job. You did say....
masterthearts wrote:I only want to be a lawyer. I am hoping that even if I have to attend a 2nd tier school that I will be at the top of my class and be able to crack the good jobs.
I guess at this point you should explain, in as much detail as you are able, what you consider to be a good job. Then you can be helped.

Mostly you should be studying for the LSAT, and I hope you are not still using that festering POS that is Kaplan.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

masterthearts

Bronze

Post by masterthearts » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:57 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:
masterthearts wrote:

Okay you didn't say you wanted a great job. You did say....
masterthearts wrote:I only want to be a lawyer. I am hoping that even if I have to attend a 2nd tier school that I will be at the top of my class and be able to crack the good jobs.
I guess at this point you should explain, in as much detail as you are able, what you consider to be a good job. Then you can be helped.

Mostly you should be studying for the LSAT, and I hope you are not still using that festering POS that is Kaplan.
I am retaking the kaplan course, but mostly studying on my own. I find studying on my own to be the most productive.
Good job...I have no interest in working corporate law. Not sure yet what kind of job I want..probably trial law. But, really don't know. I am just focused on the lsat now.

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:46 pm

masterthearts wrote:I am retaking the kaplan course, but mostly studying on my own. I find studying on my own to be the most productive.
Good job...I have no interest in working corporate law. Not sure yet what kind of job I want..probably trial law. But, really don't know. I am just focused on the lsat now.

Okay.

First you should be spending most of your time on TLS in the LSAT Prep thread. Look at Pithypike's guide, and check out what study methods other people who have done well have used.

The general consensus here, which I agree with, is that Kaplan is almost worthless.

For LGs, I don't think the company is as important. If you have a good system for diagramming and you go over every logic game ever made a few times, and understand the types, you should be able to get down to just a few wrong.
For LR, Powerscore is pretty much the best. If you are having trouble getting your wrong answers below -10 or so, it might be time to switch companies.
RC is harder to teach no matter the method, but I think Kaplan's is particularly worthless.

I don't think anyone that studies properly should score below a 160, assuming even a small amount of intelligence. If you are not getting there, you need to study more or study SMARTER.

You also need to do a lot more research on the specific types of legal jobs that exist. You do not seem to have much idea of what is out there.

Good luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”