For Transfers- Which school - Wustl, Fordham, GW, ND, UIUC

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which school is the best?

WUSTL
3
15%
Fordham
1
5%
GW
3
15%
ND
2
10%
Illinois
4
20%
Pray i get into gulc or UCLA + Stay at Current
7
35%
 
Total votes: 20

User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1277
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

For Transfers- Which school - Wustl, Fordham, GW, ND, UIUC

Postby thexfactor » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:39 pm

Goal is biglaw any city in this economy.
T50 top 10-12% JUST missed LR
It is very possible that I do not get into GT or UCLA.
Which school would you go to? Or would you stay?
Last edited by thexfactor on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ggocat
Posts: 1662
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:51 pm

Re: For Transfers- Which school - Wustl, Fordham, GW, ND, UIUC

Postby ggocat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Hi again. Do you have ties to any of the areas already? What is the expected cost difference (i.e., do you have scholarship)?

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8447
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: For Transfers- Which school - Wustl, Fordham, GW, ND, UIUC

Postby thesealocust » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:44 pm

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1277
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Re: For Transfers- Which school - Wustl, Fordham, GW, ND, UIUC

Postby thexfactor » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:45 pm

ggocat wrote:Hi again. Do you have ties to any of the areas already? What is the expected cost difference (i.e., do you have scholarship)?


lol sorry slow day at work
small scholarship at current school. Paying 30k per year. NO ties to those areas.

reading autoadmit gets me worried about washu.

User avatar
pjo
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: For Transfers- Which school - Wustl, Fordham, GW, ND, UIUC

Postby pjo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:56 pm

I'm confused. You'll goal in transfering is to increase your chances at biglaw, but as you stand right now (or atleast you said in another post) you were able to land an internship at a biglaw firm your 1L summer. So why are you transfering? Any reason to believe this internship won't lead to a 2L SA and then offer?

User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1277
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Re: For Transfers- Which school - Wustl, Fordham, GW, ND, UIUC

Postby thexfactor » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:57 pm

pjo wrote:I'm confused. You'll goal in transfering is to increase your chances at biglaw, but as you stand right now (or atleast you said in another post) you were able to land an internship at a biglaw firm your 1L summer. So why are you transfering? Any reason to believe this internship won't lead to a 2L SA and then offer?


not sure the firm is hiring next year. position is unpaid.

User avatar
megaTTTron
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: For Transfers- Which school - Wustl, Fordham, GW, ND, UIUC

Postby megaTTTron » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Where in the top 50?

User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1277
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Re: For Transfers- Which school - Wustl, Fordham, GW, ND, UIUC

Postby thexfactor » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:01 pm

megaTTTron wrote:Where in the top 50?

very end of the top 50 ish.

crazyeddie
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:49 am

Re: For Transfers- Which school - Wustl, Fordham, GW, ND, UIUC

Postby crazyeddie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Try to get more scholarship money from your current school based on your acceptances. Then stay, and try to keep your grades as high as possible. Your chance at BigLaw as a transfer student from any of these schools won't be great.

User avatar
megaTTTron
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: For Transfers- Which school - Wustl, Fordham, GW, ND, UIUC

Postby megaTTTron » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:05 pm

The jump to T25 might be worth it more so than if you were in the 30s.

This is largely about regional preferences. If it were me, w/o scholly increase (esp because you're not on LR) I would blanket the top 20. You have a chance. What about USC, Vandy, and Texas?

W/ respect to the schools you listed, it's regional. Personally, I think ND gives you the most reach. I have friends who graduated 2 years ago and got LA biglaw, although they were top of their class. I don't know much about GW, UIUC, or Wutsl. Fordham for NYC is a no brainer tho.

Good luck (maybe aim a little higher is my best advice)

User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1277
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Re: For Transfers- Which school - Wustl, Fordham, GW, ND, UIUC

Postby thexfactor » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:06 pm

megaTTTron wrote:The jump to T25 might be worth it more so than if you were in the 30s.

This is largely about regional preferences. If it were me, w/o scholly increase (esp because you're not on LR) I would blanket the top 20. You have a chance. What about USC, Vandy, and Texas?

W/ respect to the schools you listed, it's regional. Personally, I think ND gives you the most reach. I have friends who graduated 2 years ago and got LA biglaw, although they were top of their class. I don't know much about GW, UIUC, or Wutsl. Fordham for NYC is a no brainer tho.

Good luck (maybe aim a little higher is my best advice)


right now im justgoing to pray that I can get into ucla or georgetown. I dont htink usc vandy or tejas acecpts a lot of transfers. Im marginal at both schools at best. Maybe GT part time.

User avatar
megaTTTron
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: For Transfers- Which school - Wustl, Fordham, GW, ND, UIUC

Postby megaTTTron » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:15 pm

thexfactor wrote:
megaTTTron wrote:The jump to T25 might be worth it more so than if you were in the 30s.

This is largely about regional preferences. If it were me, w/o scholly increase (esp because you're not on LR) I would blanket the top 20. You have a chance. What about USC, Vandy, and Texas?

W/ respect to the schools you listed, it's regional. Personally, I think ND gives you the most reach. I have friends who graduated 2 years ago and got LA biglaw, although they were top of their class. I don't know much about GW, UIUC, or Wutsl. Fordham for NYC is a no brainer tho.

Good luck (maybe aim a little higher is my best advice)


right now im justgoing to pray that I can get into ucla or georgetown. I dont htink usc vandy or tejas acecpts a lot of transfers. Im marginal at both schools at best. Maybe GT part time.


(1) Fuck PT.
(2) If you're going to UCLA, why not USC?
(3) Also are you applying higher? Like Cornell, Duke, NU, MVP? Ball out my friend you're on the fringes, but most def it's worth it.
(4) [redacted for lack of basic reading composition skills]

User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1277
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Re: For Transfers- Which school - Wustl, Fordham, GW, ND, UIUC

Postby thexfactor » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:23 pm

Im also applying to mich. (resident)

User avatar
megaTTTron
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: For Transfers- Which school - Wustl, Fordham, GW, ND, UIUC

Postby megaTTTron » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:26 pm

thexfactor wrote:Im also applying to mich. (resident)


Oh me too! They like in-staters. You should set up a tour, maybe ask for an interview. Mich was a target of mine before i got into chi. My grades are similar to yours. Good luck!!




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: houwangmagic and 3 guests